Hello, folks. I have been diagnosed with conjunctivitis. I have been using Tobradex as my ophthalmologist said, but I don’t see any results. Can anyone help me with this? I don’t know what to do. I will really appreciate all your help considering this topic. Thank you in advance. Bye, folks.

Hi, there. Tobradex is a combination of antibiotic and steroid. Steroid is dexamethasone and antibiotic is tobramycin. It usually helps. But, maybe your case is more severe. May be you need a higher dose. You should consult your ophthalmologist. He may prescribe you ointment as well. I hope you will feel better. Bye!

Hallo,
As much as I know this medication is antibiotic that is used with steroids to treat the bacterial infections in the eye. The fact is that this medication is used to treat the conjunctivitis. I am not really sure how effective is this medication but if you have stronger form of conjunctivitis you might need some other medication. Have you consulted your doctor about this? How long have you been having conjunctivitis and how long have you been treating it? My suggestion is to try to talk to your doctor and tell him that this is not working for you. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen