Hello, folks. My friend went to see ophthalmologist and he was discovered a scar tissue on the cornea. My friend had some vision problems. I would like to know if this is possible – forming a scar on cornea. I would appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you for all the replies.

Hello. Of course a scar can be formed on cornea. It is a result of injury or a disease that happened in cornea. As a result, a vision is blurring. If the scar is in the center of cornea, then vision is affected. If it is in the peripheral areas, then it isn’t. If the vision is affected significantly, then a corneal transplantation is a treatment option. Your friend should consult with his ophthalmologist. I hope for the best. Bye!

Hi there,
What kind of vision problems? Is he having double vision or is everything blurry or he can see far or near? How did he get the scar on his cornea? I know people usually get scars on the cornea as a result of some injury, but sometimes it is also possible to have a scar from some kind of infection. The vision problems from the scar are definitely possible and your friend will need to remove the scar with a laser surgery if he wants to improve his vision. The thing is that this might even lead to total blindness and this is something that your friend needs to avoid in any way possible.
I hope this was helpful.