Hello, guys. I have a tendency to develop itchy eyes. It is caused by allergies. Often, my eyes are red and itchy. I have poor vision as well and I am thinking of starting to wear contact lenses. Could I wear them if I have sensitive eyes like I described? What is your opinion? Thanks.

Hello. It seems you have conjunctivitis. It is the inflammation of conjunctivas. If it appears occasionally, it is most probably on allergic basis. I think you shouldn’t be wearing contact lenses. Your conjunctivitis could only get worse. Instead, try wearing glasses. Maybe it’s not trendy, but it is healthier. Talk to your ophthalmologist to see what he will recommend. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hi there,
You will be able to wear them but I don’t think that you will be comfortable having them in your eyes when your eyes get itchy. How often does this happen to your eyes? The fact is that you have many different contact lenses today and I think that it will be possible to find you a matching lenses. Also I think that you need to consult your doctor about this. Do you use any medication against the allergy? You will have some problems in adapting to the contact lenses at the beginning but after some time you will be fine. I hope that you found this helpful in any way.

All the best,
Danella