Hello, guys. I have astigmatism and my ophthalmologist recommended me to go to Lasik surgery. Since I have been experiencing troubles with conjunctivitis, I have been using Restasis. I would like to know if I should stop using these eye drops before surgery. What can you tell me about it? Thanks.

Hi, there. Restasis is in fact cyclosporine. It is used to produce tears when it is compromised by inflammation process in the eye. I know that people use Restasis after Lasik. It only helps them with their dry eye. I am not sure before the procedure. I don’t see why you should stop. Nevertheless, I am not an expert. That is I recommend you to talk with your ophthalmologist. Bye!

Well,
If I am not mistaking Restasis is used to treat dry eyes. It can also be used to reduce the inflammation in the eyes. The thing that I know about this medication is that you can not use it when you are using supplements. So my suggestion would be to stop using it few days before you go for lasik surgery. Also you can consult your doctor about this because I am not sure if you are able to use any medication before the procedure. I don’t think that you will be need this after the surgery. I hope that you will have better vision after the lasik surgery.

All the best,
Nelie