Hi, guys. My friend has been suffering from high blood pressure for years. However, he has started to experience some problems with his eyes. It seems he has hypertensive retinopathy. I would like to know what can be done in this situation. I would appreciate if you could help me. Bye!

Hello. I am sorry to hear that. Retinopathy means that retina is affected. It is one of the organs that suffer consequences of high blood pressure. Here, the small blood vessels in the eye are being changed. They become thickened, bulged, damaged and liking. Many of these patients do not have any symptoms. Others report decreased vision or even headaches. In any case, an ophthalmologist must be consulted. I hope your friend will manage. Good luck!

Hi to you too. I agree that an ophthalmologist should be consulted. However, high blood pressure should also be reduced. It is the main cause of hypertensive retinopathy. A patient must take his medications regularly. He should also be on a diet. He must avoid salt and fatty food. Many of the patients do not follow this! I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

Hello. Treating hypertension is a must. Blood pressure must be reduced to normal. Regular eye exams are also necessary. Hypertensive retinopathy can be easily diagnosed in this way. It is better to do something before things get complicated. Coordination between general practitioner and ophthalmologist is a must! I hope your friend will succeed. Good luck with all! Bye!

have b/p,eyes are liking,light sensitivity,this is retinopaty?