Hello, folks. I am planning an examination at my ophthalmologist. I have to get my pupils dilated. I should use pilocarpine for this purpose. I am just not sure whether to use gel or drops. What can you advise me considering this matter? I will really appreciate all your advices. Bye!

Hello. If you are going to your ophthalmologist office, I am sure you won’t apply this drug yourself. At least, nurse will do that. I think you should go for drops. It’s not that I am an expert or something. I’ve used both. I feel more comfortable when using drops. But, if you are not sure, consult your ophthalmologist. I hope you will be fine with your choice. Bye!

If you are going to have your pupils dilated then you will not be getting pilocarpine drops or ointment. Pilocarpine is used to constrict the pupil and will not dilate.