Hello, folks. My kid had some eye problems and we took him to the ophthalmologist. He was diagnosed with accommodative esotropia. My wife and I are thinking about laser surgery, but we are not sure if it van cure this condition. What do you think? We will appreciate all your opinions.

Hello. If your kid has just been diagnosed with accommodative esotropia, perhaps you should try first with some other methods. Glasses are the first option. There are also eye exercises. If this does not help, you can go for a surgery. You haven’t mentioned the age of your kid. You should discuss all the issues considering surgery with your kid’s ophthalmologist. It is done in general anesthesia. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking accommodative estropia refers to crossing of the eyes due to farsightedness. Your sons misalignment in the eyes might not be big but there are problems with this. The facts it that children who are farsighted easily focus on objects at the distance and with objects that are near they have problem which they compromise by crossing their eyes. Accommodation refers to the ability of the eye muscle to change the lens shape and there for allowing it to focus properly on the back of the surface of the eye. Your child need to get rid of his farsightedness and you should discuss this with his doctor.
Best wishes,
Marco