Hello everyone,

I am having surgery for a 4cm meningioma in the posterior fossa on the right side of the brain in 2 weeks. Has anyone had surgery to remove a tumor in this area. I would like to know what kind of symptoms I can expect after surgery and recovery times. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you

How did surgery go?  How is recovery going?  I hope all is well.  VS

Quote:

Hello, I just got home two days ago and surgery was 3 weeks ago. I had a 4cm tumor removed from the right posterior fossa of my brain. Recovery has been slow. Two weeks after surgery I had 2 grand mal seizures. I understand that there is a lot of fluid build up in the visual cortex of the brain that causes me to see auras and helped cause the seizures. I still have short and long term memory loss. In fact, I don't think of anything unless it is right in front of me. I can do simple tasks like microwave my own oatmeal and soup or fry an egg. The left side of my body, especially my left arm, is numb. I can do puzzles like sudoku, word finds, and a wooden 3-D puzzle. I used to play the piano but have been afraid to try it since surgery. I read before surgery that most healing takes place 3 - 4 months after surgery then a year after that. I still have to go to rehab for a few months also, so I will try to remember to update my status. They had to cut the muscle on the back of my head for the surgery so I am still in quite a lot of muscle pain and night time is painful. Recovery is slow going but I intend to take the 2nd year of my Associates Degree in the winter or fall and I want to try to ski this winter. The surgery itself went well, and the Lord has been good to me. So, I will keep praying and just do the best I can. I hope you are doing well. Carla

Good Evening:
Thank you for replying. I am sorry that your recovery has been slow, and that you are experiencing the physical pain too. Good for you that you want to ski. I am having a surgery soon that will be near that same area. I hope you continue to see improvements. VS