Has anyone heard about the new procedure of where they can do brain surgery through the eye socket?  If you have a small tumor what would be recovery time?

I'm a male in my fifties. I had a Supra Orbitol Eyebrow Craniotomy to remove a Meningioma on top of the pituitary and touching both optic nerves on March 31st. The tumor was 2 cm x 1.8 cm x .8cm and was successfully removed in it's entirety. 
Seven weeks later I still have significant head pain at the sites of the craniotomy, tumor removal, and eyebrow incision but I feel it's healing properly and I get stronger everyday. The scar is hardly noticeable in my bushy eyebrow. I still can't lift more than fifteen pounds without feeling pain in my head but it's less pain than before and it goes away more quickly. Exercise is limited to walking, light weights and stretching for now. If I push myself too far I experience a wave of fatigue that's incapacitating. My field of vision was narrowing slightly before but has now returned to normal. I have skull numbness at the same locations where I experienced my intense pre-surgery headaches and occasionally there's a shooting pain in my skull or at one of the incisions that I attribute to nerve regeneration. That seems to be followed by some return of feeling to some areas. The feeling has returned to the left side of my nose. It was numb and I had lost my sense of smell post-surgery. Recently some of my sense of smell has returned but it's very diminished.
I could probably work a low impact job half a day with breaks now but it may take months to be able to lift significant weight or keep up a demanding pace. The Doctor says full recovery may take 8 months.