I had brain surgery 5 months ago for a lemon sized meningioma in my right occipital lobe.  The doctor said it was a success and I've been feeling totally normal until about 3 weeks ago when I started feeling random dizziness.  My brain surgeon said it couldn't be related to the meningioma, and that I likely had an inner ear infection.  After 2 weeks on antibiotics I am still experiencing dizziness.  Has anyone else had this problem such a long time after surgery?    

Hi 32,

It's unlikely it is from the meningoma.  It very well could be an inner ear infection.  They can take some time to heal. 

If your symptoms worsen or you start having any visual disturbances then see your doctor ASAP.

Good luck.

I had surgery for the removal of a meningioma which was attached to the dura 6 months ago. I too have just begun to experience dizziness. I haven't called my neurologist and it's because I feel like it's a waste of time and he will say the very same thing yours told you. I had this dizziness for about a week very randomly - no rhyme or reason. It went away and I felt like I was fine. But it is reoccurring.

Yes dear I also had meningioma surgery 3months ago. And had successfully done tumor totally removed from my brain 'but after surgery I had left side fecial weakness and dizziness -
I don't know what I do some one help me

I had a 2cm lesion removed from the right frontal lobe (brain mets) 6 months ago, srs 1 month after and finished 4 months of chemo (RUL removed) 10 months ago.  I had been feeling fine until about 2 weeks ago when I started feeling dizzy all the time.  I am done seeing the neurologist because I have been doing so well.  I see the radiologist in a few days.  I had left side weakness after my brain surgery and did some PT for about 10 days at the hospital and was released.  It seems like when ever I ask a question the answer is "everybody is different".  I'm guessing the dizziness is from the radiation.  There are so many variables.

I'm 10 months after an operation similar to yours and I've suddenly started to have dizzy spells. Not sure if its the surgery or radiation. Frustrating. It's NOT an ear infection. These surgeons just start making up stuff when they don't know the answer.

I also am almost 3 months since my surgery( same as yours) it was very large on the right side toward the front. Over the weekend I started with a few episodes of dizziness and now it's peristent lightheadedness. The np said I can get a scan but it sound like other people on here like you have had it to. It's hard to ignore. Maybe some dramamine. Did you have #1,I had a #2 which they say has a 40% chance of returning.

My husband had a meningioma partially removed in 2008 and the rest of it has been removed in August 2016. He has experienced dizziness since 2008. It seems to be worse now after the second removal. We went to the ear doctor - no inner ear infections. I think they tell you this because they do not know. If you read this board everyone seems to have the same problem. Unfortunately, we have not mastered it yet. We are trying some balancing exercises to see if it helps.

It has been two years since brain surgery. I still have dizziness if standing up quickly. I stay still, wait a few seconds, then an okay. I cannot process meeting and being in a group discussion. I limit myself to one outting every other day. If I play cards with a group of 12 other women, I am wiped out the next day.
I am 74 and the tumor was the size of a child's golf ball. I could have had it since birth. Now, I begin to have fleeting pain above the tight eye. May need to have an MRI ,

I had surgery six months ago for a a cerebellar tumor. I've had vertigo and vomiting ever since. No one seems to know what to do. I'm living like an invalid and I hate it but too much movement causes severe vomiting and the whole experience is exhausting. If anyone has found treatment that permits even some aspects of normal life I would be grateful to know about it.

I also had a cyst on top of my brain, and also deal with pain, spine, and now deal with my patellas in both knees messing up, a lot of pain. I deal with some crazy issues. Yes have dizzy spells, my pain doctor has lowered pain meds, but I still deal with dizziness, and at times feel confused. I just pray that its my brain adjusting. Another problem is that under my tongue goes numb, I thought it may be damage from the tubes from surgery. One day at a time. God bless

i am 4 years post op and still have "vertigo" after removal of benign meningioma in my occipitallobe.

I had a meningioma removed 8 months ago.
About a week ago I started to get vertigo like symptoms . I can't do any sudden movements with my head and it's an effort just to focus!

My mom is experiencing this same exact situation. She is 3 months into her surgery and can't be without a patch that prevents vomiting. Did you end up finding out what was the reason behind your symptoms? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use