I would like information on Posterior heel spur surgery, with no PF involved just the heel spur removed, I am scheduled for surgery to have this removed and would like to hear other peoples experience with this, recovery and all.

i think i have the same thing as you, what were your symptoms?

I had both feet operated on for this. It was to the point where I could not wear shoes with any type of back on them. Although that was a pain, I don't know if I would go through with the surgery if I were you unless it is to an unbearable point. Since the surgery I have got back into running but I constantly have swollen feet, ankles, and they are pretty sore at times. I had a wonderful orthopedic surgeon but it has been quite an ordeal. I did one at a time and was in casts for 10 weeks. That was rough!

I had heel spur surgery on my heel yesterday, May 11th, and it feels much better than before I had it done. I did not have pain in my arch but I had pain in my heel radiating at times all the way up to my hip depending upon how much time I was on my feet. I had been treated with orthonics, water massage treatments, ultrasound therapy, and cortisone shots and none of those helped at all. This is my second day after the surgery and there is some discomfort but nothing compared to before the surgery.

How is posterior heel pain diagnosed?
Diagnosis of the cause of posterior heel pain can be difficult as it is not uncommon for these diagnoses to coexist. For example, a patient with a bony spur of the calcaneus may have bursitis in that area as well. Because of this, all of these diagnoses must be considered for effective treatment of posterior heel pain. Other causes of posterior heel pain that should also be considered include plantar fasciitis, stress fractures of the calcaneus, and os trigonum syndrome.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi. I had a heel surgery before. I recovered well. The success of the surgery is with how our body respond and on the surgeon too. My surgeon is great. If you want to know more about heel surgery, just visit the link. There are professional there who may help you.

Have a great day and goodluck! I'll pray for your speedy recovery! :D

Hi there, can you share your experiences here? I hate to click on links and lose the site usually. Can you talk a little more about it instead? I'd like to hear your story. Thanks!