What causes me to be real emotional and moody days before I start my period? It is so bad that I have panic attacks during this time. My period is regular .....I start every 28 days, regulary.....Once I start things slowly go back to normal, but the 4 or 5 days before I start is terrible.......I feel like I'm losing my mind.... Please help..... Teresa

I am sure you have already heard of PMS, right? PMS stands for premenstrual symptoms that occur one to two weeks before the period begins. It is not known what exactly causes the symptoms but hormonal fluctuations are the prime suspects.
There are over 150 symptoms documented. A woman will not surely experience all of them. They have been divided into three groups including changes in mood and anxiety (depression, irritability, anger, tearfulness, increased emotional reactivity, changes in sexual desire, anxiety, etc); changes in Attention (forgetfulness, confusion, difficulty staying on task, etc) and physical Changes (breast tenderness, feeling bloated, swelling in arms and legs, migraine, back pain, insomnia, sleeping troubles, etc)

Some women have debilitating symptoms while other don’t feel a thing.
You may consult your gynecologist about this and try with some basic life style changes. You may start exercising regularly; exercise may be extremely effective in alleviating mood changes and anxiety. You may pay more attention to your nutrition and eat less salt to get rid of swelling and bloating if they are present.
Ask your doc if she could prescribe some vitamins or minerals that may be helpful.
You may learn more about alleviating the symptoms naturally by proper nutrition of even the usage if certain herbs.

PMDD Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder is a new name given to women who suffer from EXTREME PMS.
Treatment can include anti-depressant therapy which is usally extremely helpful for women, or even a new birth control pill called YAZ. It has the same hormones as YASMIN, but at a much lower dose. In clinical trials it truly help a lot of women out.

Astaxanthin
Astaxanthin is a very powerful antioxidant carotenoid and it is closely related to the well known beta carotene or lutein. Astaxanthin plays unique role in the range of its antioxidant activity.