My daughter has my genes, which were bad luck. She has the same symptoms as I did, and I still suffer from it. My periods are so heavy, because of menstrual cramps and blood clotting. I know it was something no one talks about when I was young, but now young women want to solve this. I have heard diet might help with this problem.

Making dietary adjustments starting about 14 days before a period may help some women with some menstrual disorders, such as cramping and clotting. General guidelines for a healthy diet apply to everyone, there is included eating a plenty of whole grains. Not just that, but women should ear and fresh fruits and vegetables, and avoid saturated fats and commercial junk foods. There was study that shows that women who followed a low-fat diet for two menstrual cycles experienced less pain and shorted duration of premenstrual symptoms than those who ate meat. Women which loose too much blood however may need meat to help maintain iron levels. Choosing more fish and eggs might be helpful alternative for all of women. Interesting is that large doses of vitamin E might cause bleeding problems particularly in people taking anti-clotting medications. Also review of individual studies revealed a reduction in menstrual cramps with exercise. Those are some of ways to help your daughter, but maybe she should visit gynecologist and search for cause of cramps and clotting.