Recently I heard that black cohosh is very helpful for women who have menopausal problems. Is it truth? My mother really has big problems with sleeping, mood, hot flashes and headaches. Please, tell me will black cohosh help with menopausal anxiety? Did anybody try black cohosh for this kind of problems?

Black cohosh is a popular alternative to prescription hormonal therapy for treatment of the most common menopausal symptoms. I remember that my mother used it and she was really satisfied with it. She had problem with depression and nervousness. Black cohosh extract helped her. It is useful where estrogen replacement therapy is contraindicated.

I recently started having night sweats and minor hot flashes. I found that a natural product by the name of Estroven that has black cohosh in it works really...really well :-D I've been using it for just about a month now and both the night sweats and hot flashes are gone. I found it at my local drug store. Google the name and read up on it, they have several different varieties available depending on what symptoms each individual is having. Good Luck!

Yes I am sure about that.Black cohosh will definetly help in curing menopausal anxiety.It is great alternative for treating menopause beside hormone replacement therapy.I have used that and achieved a very good result.

**edited by moderator**

HI sierra .I completely agree with you.You are absolutely correct.Black cohosh is the best wat to cure menopausal anxiety.It shows a very good result in eliminating that and will have less side effects.

**edited by moderator**

hello my name is lawanda iam 44 i started having anxiety problems and
high blood presure.and lots of other problems. I started taking zyrtec
for allergys and it has become a wonderful pill to help with anxiety.
I know you must be thinking no way but believe me it works it seems to have a calming affect and helps me sleep.

This is absolutely correct.Black cohosh is the best natural medication for menopausl anxiety.It shows good result with no side effects.

This is a wonder herb, it significantly reduces anxiety caused by PMS and mood swings, I had a really irregular cycle for about 7 or 8 years (I am 30) and terrible PMS. Started taking black cohosh 6 months ago. Not only did i almost instantly start my cycle on the same day each month (!) I got very mild PMS symptoms and only for just the day before not for 10 days before as was my usual experience,
highly recommend, and its cheap.

Guest wrote:

I realize that this is an older post, but i just had to chime in here, for a minute. I have been taking Zyrtec for about two years now as i to have allergies. It's killing me!!! (not literally) My libido has taken a nose dive and i am always lethargic. Of course it will help you sleep.
I am trying to find some kind of natural replacement for this junk. I suppose having gone thru meno doesn't help either. I have an appointment with an herbalist as i need some help here.

Hi Everyone. I have some information about Black Cohosh which I want to share with you guys.
Black Cohosh:
Black Cohosh has been traditionally used by Native Americans to relieve the physiological changes associated with menopause. Clinical research now suggests that Black Cohosh standardized extract may Enhance reduce the occurrence of undesirable hot flashes. Black cohosh Enhances reduce the severity of hot flashes and vitex promotes hormonal balance in women; both herbs support a positive mood. Black Cohosh is one of the most thoroughly studied natural approaches to menopause. Black Cohosh has been shown to relieve hot flashes, night sweats and mood changes.
I hope this information will be useful for you guys.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

horatia wrote:

Hello , I had a total Abdominal hysterectomy in 2010. I am not on HRT; my experience has been hot flashes, anxiety , some fuzzy headed and challenging to remember things . I am taking black cohash and it helps my anxiety, it also makes me sleepy. It is very effective. I do not have to take everyday, but when I do not feel myself I take only one. and that's all I need. I just started taking the red clover today, so I will follow up on how effective it is. Be encouraged!!!!!!! I am eating more vegetables and fruits, almond milk shakes with soy protein and bananas; exercise 5 days a week, water areobics, body sculpting, dance, rumba, yoga and I pray and meditate on God's word. It's working!!! I also take calcium and Omega 3. Hope this helps. I pray that God will heal you and you seek HIm ,, the Kingdom of God is near, repent and ask Him for forgiveness, .of your sins, There is soo much benefits in God's kingdom, Healing is one of them!!!!I I will be glad to pray with you and discuss further if you want, or we can talk about our journey of menopause,,,,, it always helps...

Hi Horatia, How nice of you to try to find help for your Mom! You're on the right track with the black cohosh but there are so many symptoms relating to menopause that I would recommend that you use a multi symptom blend for menopause. This would also help with the anxiety. I have tons of information about this that I'd like to share with you - this is my line of work, check my profile for my business website. I think you and your mom will find it very helpful.

I started using black cohosh after my sister in law who is a pharmasist assistant recommended.  You can find it at drug store or some larger grocery stores pharmacy.  It came in a capsule form and I found if you open the capsule and add it to some tea it is an easy way to consume.  I take one a day and have found it to be a great mood elevator for myself and reduced night and hot flashes.  I was very depressed and unmotivated to move forward with anything.  It is truly amazing.

I want to start on Black Cohosh today for my hormone imbalance symptoms such as my anxiety, depression and brain fog but would like to know from anyone out there the approx dosage ll of you have started off with.

bambi424, I just started on Black Cohosh for my hormone imbalance (not menopausal yet) but I was suggested to also use Estrogen cream to help me with these horrible symptoms. Did your mom wind up not needing to use Estrogen hormone replacement?