I am 27 years old and have been getting my period for over 10 years.
I notice it affects my mood / emotional stability prior to menstration and during menstration - after I'm done menstating I seem great. Healthy out look on life for a week or two and it all starts again.
Feeling overwhellemed /minnor depression / not myself. I feel like the world is caving in on me prior to getting my period.

What could I take (natural supplement) that would assist these rough times before and during menstration?

Thank you
A.I.

You wouldn’t believe how many women had the same severe PMS symptoms and problems. It is still not known with certainty what the cause as no hormonal abnormalities have been found during numerous researches. However, the symptoms show a pattern related to the menstrual cycle and the shift in the reproductive hormones.

Around 5 million women need medical treatment for mood and behavioral changes they experience and their symptoms come and go just like yours do. PMS symptoms include both physical and mental symptoms like headache, migraine, fluid retention, fatigue, constipation, painful joints, backache, abdominal cramping, heart palpitations and weight gain, anxiety, depression, irritability, panic attacks, tension, lack of co-ordination, decreased work or social performance and altered libido. So severe can PMS be.
I know you can relate to this.
Besides using any of the natural or medical treatment, there are some things you can do on your own to try to improve your PMS symptoms. First of all, you need to start paying attention to what you eat: get rid of /reduce caffeine from coffees and sodas to decrease mood swings, headaches, tension and irritability. If you suffer from bloating and swelling or weight gain, try to cut down on salt. Foods rich in carbohydrates and low in fats and sugar, in form of more small meals rather than few large.

Secondly-exercise. You may choose to walk for 30 minutes every day or do aerobics 3 times per week. Regular exercise will certainly help with moodiness, breast tenderness and reduce tension.

Thirdly- learn to deal with your stress…..you may try yoga, relaxing music, hot baths –whatever calms you down.
These are some of the steps to improve your overall life quality and also reduce PMS symptoms.
As for the natural treatments, you may want to try Femalite, which is a natural cure for PMS and it helps with anxiety, low energy, low libido, lack of motivation, stress, etc. It is taken a couple of days prior PMS.
Calcium supplements are known of being helpful for reducing PMS symptoms. They work more on physical symptoms like cramping, backache, fatigue, moodiness, etc. You may also want to try Dong Quai.
Now, before taking any supplements, you may want to talk to your doctor to see if it were ok for you to take them.

A good multi vitamin containing the B vitamins will help as well as Borage Oil and Magnesium.