Hi, during PMS I become furious, irritable, easily worried, crying, anger. I am too sensitive and react extremely, so I express anger over exaggerated. What are ways to control anger and other intense feelings during PMS?

Hi, many women react extremely and behave strange in PMS. Some women have mild symptoms and other have severe mood changes and unexpected behavior. Mostly seen symptoms include pain, depression, irritability, confusion, anger, and a craving for carbohydrates. Some researches revealed that brewers' yeast, magnesium and vitamin B6 can contribute to reducing symptoms. Studies sowed that women taking this combination for 6 month cycles, had 80% less PMS symptoms. I usually drink teas for relaxation and generally try to avoid as much as I can stressful situations.

Hi. It is normal to feel different and strange during PMS. Some women are normal, they are acting like they don't have any issues, while some of us are totally crazy. Anger that you feel is actually a PMS symptoms/ signs.

For example, me - don't come close to me! I have everyone and I hate everything and I am not in the mood to do anything. And then, my period is there and suddenly I apologize for being such a bi*** to everyone. 

So, this should not be your concern.

It is normal. Everyone is dealing with their problems in their own way. 

whnen im having pms i will become a total B**** to the word. i will be the most displeasing person ( which usually im not), end up picking unnecessary fights with the BF and cry like a baby after that and also i will be so angry all the time. i get so fed up of this as its ruiing my relationship, the poor guy understand that its the TOM so he will keep shut and try to be the gentlest ever with me! i pity him b/c its all to do with me only, no fault of his. is there anythign that may calm the nerves during these godawful pms?

There is a diagnosis for women who have EXTREME PMS symptoms, it is called PMDD..Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder.

It is basically BAD PMS, the type that causes the more extreme syptomslike outbursts, rage etc..

THE Treatment IS Antidepressant therapy, a very low dose =)

MANY MANY women have found relief through this!!

ASK your doc/gyn about taking an anti depressant.

I also suffer from extreme PMS- uncontrolable emotions, depression, anxiety-which usually leads to a once a month breakdown with hysterical crying. I was put on birth cotrol to treat these syptoms and have been doing a lot of research since. I have read a lot of interesting articles on PMDD and believe 100% that this is what I suffer from. Unfortunately it is not well known an so likewise, neither are treatments. If anyone else can relate, please let me know.

I can absolutely relate to this disorder. I have tried desperately to find anything or anyone to help me with this. It is definately ruining my life. It is hard for me to predict when these episodes are going to hit me as it does not necesarily occur each month I get my period. But when it does happen, I don't even know how crazy I become until after I've made a huge mistake by freaking out over something so trivial. I cannot control it, I even take antidepressant medication which for some reason has no effect when this sort of thing comes over me. I feel there has got to be some hormone imbalance that occurs which causes this, but the only answer I get from my Dr. is that I have to learn how to control it. I am begging for anyone to help me, I literally feel I cannot keep going on this way in life.

Omg, i get so angry I scare myself
i seriously dont know how to admit that there is an issuse
meds isn't cool for me because of sideeffects but anyone have a natural herb thatcures pms

I can totally relate to all of the above and i am so glad i am not on my own, i scare myself at how angry i get and how mean and vicious i can be to my family and my bf, i feel so guilty afterwards for the rows i have started with them for no reason and then get myself so upset crying and crying i just cant stop. it is just a horrible horrible thing to be like this and i dread each month near the time. it is so depressing for me, crying for days on end, angry at everything and anyone and i just dont know what to do, no one understands.

I have pms for 2 weeks strait every month. I get so angry my body shakes and no one can be around me. Even my skin is irratated. I just get angry for no reason all the time and eat like a pig. I hate it. >;)

I can too absolutely relate to all the severe PMS disorders I am reading. It is like living with another body. I suffered with rages, violent flare ups no reason and shouting matches with family members and would cry profusly. How miserable was I, unitil I went to my local Yoga/meditation class. What a breath of fresh air I felt at peace and I was eating and sleeping much better without the use of the anti-depressant tablets. Clearly, the medical profession needs to stop happily dishing out tablets and advise on a more holistic approach as well as the tablets perhaps. Good luck.

Hi my name is brian my girlfriend has her period and it sucks but if she doesn't drink tea and i don't have any magnesium handy do you think that a dusting of gold bold would maybe relax her....

redPMS symptoms.

It sounds as if there is a shortage of progesterone during the second half of your monthly cycle ie.14-28 days. [average 28 day cycle].

Ask your doctor to prescribe progesterone to make up for this deficit.

Please let me know how you get on.

Stephen.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i experience this to a fault. Im far from a health nut but the best i ever felt and free from this was when i ate right and walked every day with fun music in my iPod. I was so desperate to break free from this that i had to do something pro-active. When pms'ing i could take on Satan himself so needless to say i was not the most effective wife or mother during this time.

Walking and eating right took effort for a lifestyle i dent like and as much as i dent want to believe it was 'that simple' to make better, it was. I preferred to take a simple easy pill! But guess what? I was already doing that so i had to go to Plan B-the healthy lifestyle. Just a thot...

do you know what a bipolar disorder is. Check it out online. That might be it