My mother is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and has been living with that condition for almost three years now. Last time she went to a doctor, she was prescribed with Enbrel, medicament she did not use before. I do not doubt in its effectiveness, I am just concerned about the side effects. Also, I would like to know if there is mercury ingredient in Enbrel? I have heard of this from my friend.

Well, it seems that today medicine is more and more blending into a money race. I cannot say exactly about this mercury, but I do know that there are many other medications also suspected for making more harm than good (including mercury ingredient too). Side effects sometimes are so severe that it makes you wonder how could anyone approve its existence on the market. But, I guess that this is something you can only complain about. Nothing more. As for your mother, at the first sign of trouble, get her to the doctor.