Hi, my mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. Former, her therapy was methotrexat, now she got Arava. Is Arava better for RA?

Hi, I am using methotrexat, and my doctor believes that Arava has too many side effects, but still it was FDA approved. As you know the earlier rheumatoid arthritis is identified in an individual the better, since treatment will beguine sooner. Chances for controlling rheumatoid arthritis with early treatment methods are much higher, but Arava has 33 times higher death rate than when using methotrexate. It was said that Arava was approved to have more effective medication available for rheumatoid arthritis patients. Some professionals were asking to recall Arava since disease mostly affect patients from 25-50 years old, and has high death rate. If you are taking Arava, benefits and harm should be carefully measured.