Hello, I have a question concerning my mother's health. She is suffering from fibromyalgia, she often complains of muscle pain, headache, back and neck pain. She goes to her doctor often and I go with her and try to give her as much support as I can, because she really has a hard time. The last time we were at the doctor, he prescribed her with enbrel injections. Is enbrel good for fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia is a condition that attacks muscles, but there are other symptoms that might happen. We are talking about morning stiffness, headaches (your mother felt that). For treating this illness, many medications are used, including antidepressants, muscle relaxants, antiepileptic etc, but most of finding fibromyalgia pain relief.  There is good possibility enbrel will help her, decrease pain and inflammation, because it blocks the factors that participate in inflammation process.

Rosaline, my daughter has rheumatoid arthristis (RA) and has had wonderful success with enbrol. I don't have RA but do have fibromyalgia, I would like how your mother has done on Embrol? Since it is very expensive, I would also like to know if your mother's insurance company pay for her Enbrol since it is not FDA approved for the treatment of fibromyalgia. Thank you!