Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you know if I got these symptoms from anxiety, and if I did, does anyone happen to know if I can do anything in order to get rid of these symptoms (they are really annoying and they are additionally scaring me).

I got this metallic taste in my mouth that I just can't get rid of. Also, I started having muscle twitching which sometimes just doesn't want to stop. As more anxious I get, the twitching seems to last longer and sometimes it just doesn't want to go away even after a few hours. Please help me, I need your advice.

Metallic taste in your mouth is quite a common symptom of anxiety. Actually, there are some people suggesting that metallic taste in your mouth is what is actually causing your anxiety, but I wouldn't be sure about that.

Muscle twitching is also a symptom of anxiety. Behaving apprehensively stresses the body. A body that becomes overly stressed (stress-response hyperstimulated) can cause the nervous system to behave erratically, which can cause nerve impulses to fire erratically. Since nerve impulses control muscles, an erratically behaving nervous system can cause muscles to twitch. As long as the nervous system is even slightly overly stressed, it can cause erratic muscle twitching.

I don't know what can you do about these things since these are both connected to anxiety but that one thing is for sure: these are the symptoms of anxiety. Metallic taste in your mouth is a common symptom and a lot of people are complaining about it, some people can't get used to it even though they know that it is not going to go away.

Muscle twitching is not something that affects everyone suffering from anxiety. It is still common but not as common as the metallic taste in your mouth. There's got to be a way to stop this muscle twitching however.

Hey guys,

Thank you for your replies and sorry that I am replying this late, I have just been busy and totally forgot about my question here.

Okay, so, if this metallic taste is considered to be the cause of anxiety in the first place, then I guess that I will have to get used to that since I'm not going to get rid of my anxiety any time soon, obviously.

I can't do much about not being stressed out, even though it would help my muscle twitching. Everything is so stressful for me, I kind of don't like my life and I hate my job.

Since this muscle twitching is caused by stress and how it affects the body, reducing your body’s stress is the best way to eliminate anxiety and stress caused muscle twitching. As your body’s stress diminishes, this symptom should diminish and eventually disappear.

Keep in mind, however, that it may take some time before your body’s overly stressed state is completely resolved. Reducing a body’s stress often takes much longer than most people think.

Nevertheless, when the body has fully recovered from stress-response hyperstimulation, this burning and itching skin sensation will completely subside. You can speed up the recovery process by reducing your stress, practicing relaxed breathing, increasing your rest and relaxation, and not worrying about this feeling. 

There are so many diseases that are connected with metallic taste in the mouth. I know that a lot of people connect metallic taste with anxiety but I have this ugly metallic taste in my mouth all the time and I don't have problems with anxiety so I really don't know what to tell you. One thing that I really do know is that you can't take it for sure. A lot of this can be caused by the stress, but you cannot tell that this is true. I don't know what is in your case, I am just telling you from my own experience that I am perfectly healthy, that I don't have anxiety at all but I have this ugly taste in my mouth.

Hi!

Like someone already told you, there are a few things that can cause metallic taste in your mouth. Do you use some medications? Because if you do, this can be a sign of this. For example: 

• antibiotics, such as clarithromycin (Biaxin) or metronidazole (Flagyl) can cause it.
  • blood pressure medications, such as captopril (Capoten)
  • glaucoma medications, such as methazolamide (Neptazane)
  • osteoporosis medication.

So if you use any of those medications, this can be this as well. It doesn't mean that you are dealing with anxiety. Maybe you do, but think about those other options that we wrote in here. Good luck!  

I couldn't agree more with you! My friend also had this taste in her mouth and she was convinced that she is dealing with anxiety. But actually, the main thing was that because she was using blood pressure medications. Doctor explained this to her later.
There are some other possible issues as well.
Your sense of taste is closely related to your sense of smell as well and you should be aware of this... When your sense of smell is distorted, it can have an impact on your sense of taste. Sinus issues are a common cause of metallic taste in the mouth. Sinus issues can be caused by some allergies, maybe if you catch a cold, or something that is similar to this.

Unfortunately, im sorry to tell you, this is from constantly elevated mercury levels in people with silver amalgam fillings. The only way to detox is with DMSA. You can apply it topically and internally but only after removing the amalgam fillings. Each filling contains over 50% mercury.