Hello friends. I am having anxiety. It is in the beginning, so I am not that scared that something can go very wrong. I find out this on time and I started with therapies immediately. But since I am in this problem I decide to find as much as information I can about this. So, I need to admit you that every information is scaring me. I found one article where it says that anxiety can cause  teeth to ache or teeth grinding... It is not so nice information, lol. So, I want to know is this true. What do you know about it? 

Hey dear Guest.

I am glad that you take this so serious and that you have started with therapy as well. But yes, it is very likely to grind your teeth in your sleep. You can also have ugly metallic taste in your mouth.  Also, when we are talking about this metallic taste, it could be due to small amounts of bleeding from grinding your teeth. So, it is very important to consult your dentist about this and see what he can tell you about this.

Maybe he can give you some good toothpaste to prevent this, I don't know since I didn't have problems with it. 

Hey there Hannah. Thank you for a such quick answer. I didn't hope that I will get one that soon, but I made a mistake. Now I do know why my friends told me that this is the best site where I can get answer very soon. Anyway, now when you mentioned this metallic taste, I am dealing with it as well. But I didn't pay attention about this because I believed that this is because of something that I ate. Now I really don't know should I be scared about this? Is there anything that I can do at home to prevent it. Sure I will visit my dentist and ask him about his. Thank you!

No need to be scared about it, everyone suffering from anxiety has it, the doctors are actually thinking that this metallic taste that you are talking about is the cause of people's anxiety, but they do not know how to prove this yet.

Anxiety can cause bunch of things so if you are scared because of this one, don't read about the other ones then or you will freak out. Since you've already started with your therapy, I wouldn't worry much about the things that anxiety can cause because you are probably going to overcome it before any of these things can happen.

Gaia is right about the metallic taste in your mouth, everyone suffering from anxiety has it, at least that is what my doctor told me because I was suffering from anxiety a few years ago as well. When it comes to your teeth, anxiety can affect your teeth but that only happens if you have severe anxiety, it doesn't really happen in mild cases. This is why it is very important to do something about your anxiety, I am happy to hear that you already started your therapies, you know that you should be consulting a psychologist as well, if not, now you do.

It's more or less common. Anxiety is an awful condition, I had a girlfriend who was suffering from anxiety and it was so hard to date her. I managed to "survive" about 2 months with her and then I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I remember that she was complaining about teeth problems from time to time. Well, she was complaining most of the time about everything but I sure do remember that she was complaining about how her teeth hurt and how she has no idea why is it happening, she went to see her dentist and he had no idea either.

You shouldn't focus on the bad things of anxiety, rather on treating it and thinking positively, acting like you know for sure that you are going to overcome this because, in fact, you are going to overcome this.

Google has all the answers, so just ask google. You will find out that anxiety can indeed cause your teeth to ache or to grind, but it can also cause bunch of other stuff, there is a big list of things that anxiety can cause and this is why you shouldn't worry about it because if you do, you will probably just freak out.