Recently I have been bothered by a strange salty taste in my mouth that does not want to go away. In addition, my mouth is very is dry and drinking water does not help. This taste and hot flashes are only disturbance of my life in last two years. My doctor told me that flushes would go away or at least fade out with time, but what about this strange taste?

I have never experienced or heard about that symptom but I do know the "metallic" taste that can be associated with menopause. The dry mouth after diabetes, even to the point of burning is most definitely a symptom of menopause. However, to be sure, advice your endocrinologist and I believe that he/she will find the effective solution for you.

I'am also experianceing this salty taste in my mouth and wondered if it was related to menapause.