I have had a metal like taste in my mouth for about two weeks. It comes and goes. Should I be concerned about this or is there something I can do to figure out why I have this taste. Should go to dentist or my physician?

A metallic taste in the mouth can be caused by infections of the mouth or teeth. Skin conditions can affect the mucous membranes in the mouth such as lichen planus, or other problems. A metallic taste also may be caused by a substance present in the mouth, like Medications that are chewed, rather than swallowed, may cause a temporary metallic taste at the back of the tongue, such as Flagyl, tetracycline, penicillamine, Biaxin, ethambutol, biguanides, or allopurinol, can cause a metallic taste because they get into the mouth through salivary secretions or directly from the blood. Please, give a call to your dentist!