Hi, I`m 34 years old. Have this muscle twitching and don`t know what`s wrong with me. The twiches and the pain in my arms and legs are really irritating but, untill yesterday, I thought there is no need to see a doctor just because of some silly muscle twitch. I was talking with a friend, she has a relative diagnosed with muscular dystrophy and she was telling me about his illness and, when heard about some symptoms of MS, I got really scared. Is it possible for my muscle twitching to become MS?

Hi, know something about Muscular dystrophy and hope that it will help you with your muscle twitching problem. MS is a disease when muscles get weaker and weaker, and then, slowly stop working. The muscles need many proteins to be healthy, and I`m not telling you about proteins from food, but of the kind your body creates. Without these proteins, the muscles break down. Persons with MD feel like having a problem with the way their bodies work. Persons with MD have a problem with normal life activities, like walking and sitting up. MD strikes children, teens and adults as well.

Hi there,

If you still don't know what's going on, I just wanted to let you know of my experience with muscle problems. I was tentatively diagnosed with a muscular dystrophy, and after drug treatment at the hospital was sent home. I continued to have problems for two years until falling onto my back and it completely seizing up. I went to a chiropractic who discovered that lo, and behold, I didn't have a muscular dystrophy at all, rather a dislocated spine which was pinching a nerve and cutting off blood supply to part of my brain.

With regular visits to the chiropractic my spine was eventually fixed and I am totally fit and healthy now. A huge part of this was that he is a doctor as well as a chiropractic and trained in Canada where chiropractic work is more recognized than in my country. On the first appointment, he took an x-ray and immediately could see the problem.
So if you have any suspicion that your spine could be involved, do check it out.

Best wishes

You may well have Myalgic Enchepelemyletis(ME) which cause pain and muscle twitches particualrly in the back, arms etc. Do you suffer any cognitive issues/blurred vision/gastro problems? Have you recently had an unusual virus infection? If so, sounds like ME or CFS (in the US). Check out Nancy Klimas - she is the top US expert. Beware the CDC who suggest it is caused by anxiety i.e. it is all in your head.