Hi guys.

Long time no see! I was not here because of some well - known problems, but I am here now. Well, during my problems and during those anxiety things in my life I got really fat. So, I started to exercise a lot - I am going to gym, I am walking a lot and sometimes I am running.

Well, during this I started to fell that my muscles are twitching, but I was sure that this is because I do exercise a lot.

Until today, when one friend told me that this could easily be a part of anxiety.

Can Muscle Twitching Be Caused By Anxiety? Tnx!

Hey there 62. I am glad that you are back. I really hope that you will be OK, so you can give us your advice and that you can share some new experiences with us, even if they are not so great. Remember, we are here to help you.

Look, muscle twitching is definitely one part of anxiety, and it can happen very often to anyone. So, I don't know is this a situation in your case, or you are really dealing with muscle twitching because of your exercises. I can't tell.

Have you experienced this twitching before this, before you started to exercise? 

Oh dear, thank you so much! I really hope that I am going to be OK and that I am going to hang out with you in here. 

Now, I will try to answer you because I am not even sure when this started to happen to me. Anyway, I am not sure did I have those problems before, maybe once or twice, but this started to happen to me very often when I started to exercise. 

Now, I am really scared because I don't know am I going to be able to deal with one more type or sign of anxiety...

Darling, I am really sorry because you feel this way. But you are not alone, remember this.

Have you visited your doctor about this? I understand that you are scared, but you really should know as much as we can tell you about this, because you are dealing with anxiety for so long.

Like I already told you, muscle twitching is absolutely a sign of anxiety, and one that can cause a great deal of distress, which I believe that it is correct in your case. Usually the fear caused by muscle twitching is that it might mean something more.Sometimes we just can't control it, and that is what is destroying us. 

Hey Rafferty,

Muscle twitching is most likely to be caused by anxiety. Have you been exposed to a lot of stress lately? Going to the gym has nothing to do with muscle twitching, you know. Only a big amount of stress can cause this. You see, this big amount of stress accumulates in your body, becomes weight for your muscle and then they start twitching. It is not dangerous or anything like that, but it is just annoying. If you want to stop this from happening, you need to distance yourself from stress that you might experience in your every day life.

Yep, this is a normal thing for someone to experience who is suffering from anxiety. Been there, done that. But when I was suffering from anxiety, I was already familiar with everything which is connected to anxiety so I didn't really freak out when this happened. I already knew what's wrong and what is there to be done. Everyone always saw me as a strong person and I really was. I got out of this condition on my own, well, I had a close friend who stood by me when I needed her the most. With her help, I snapped out of it.

Yes, it can, if you are suffering from anxiety and you are experiencing muscle twitching, this twitching is definitely caused by anxiety. Well, not quite by anxiety, but by the stress in your body, although this stress was partly caused by anxiety (sorry if I made this a bit more complicated than it really is).

You can go to the pharmacy and ask if they have something that would help your muscles to relax. I don't know if there is a medication which can help you with this matter, but you can just try and ask someone in the pharmacy, they will know about it.

People in the pharmacy won't be able to help you because there is nothing you can do about this, there are no medications which could stop your muscle twitching. It is definitely something that is caused by anxiety, it happens to a lot of people who are suffering from it, but it is not dangerous at all, it is quite benign. However, when it starts happening, you can't do anything about it, you can only lie down and wait for it to go away. The others are right when saying that stress is what caused this; if you get rid of stress, you will get rid of muscle twitching.