Hi, I don’t know what to do! My leg is twitching and jerking without a cause. I can’t control these movements, and it makes me very irritable. It happens every time I sit down, so I stand most of the time. If anybody knows something about muscle twitching, please tell me what could be the reason for this condition?

Hello, I have muscle twitching too. Don’t think that this is happening without a cause, because there is always a reason for this condition. In my case, the twitching is caused by anxiety. My body is paying a price for my mood issues. It usually happens while I am moving, but it sometimes happens when I’m sleeping too. It wakes me up, and there’s no way that it will stop until morning. However, it doesn’t mean that you’re anxious too. There are many other possible reasons for this disorder, such as wasting of muscles, drug or caffeine overdose or exercise. The best thing for you is to be examined by doctor. He will precribe you some medications for musvle twitching, if you need any.

Hello, I have been having muscle jerking and twitching for about 14 months now. I have never had an muscle weakness in my arms or legs. I pretty much get them when I am laying around doing nothing. I dont have any vision problems or anything, my memory is not very good im guessing that could be do to heavy drug use in the past. I have never had any problem with walking, stumbling, or anything like that. Im a little worried that it could possible be MS, but I listen to peoples onsets and it doesnt seem like I have any of them. I was also worried about a brain tumor, my grandpa was diagnosed with a brain tumor when he was in his mid 60's. I am only 20 years old so its not very likely, but who knows. I am a HUGE hypocondriac also. I am taking Wellbutrin XL which has muscle twitching side effects and just got off Geadon for same reasons. If you could let me know what you think that would be great.
Thanks

My dad's been having leg twitching for about a year now: he is overweight (never EVER does exercise): tends to happen mainly when he is trying to sleep or when sat down. He's in his early forties but has smoked cannabis for about 30 years. He is currently booked to visit a neurologist, but does anyone know what the actual cause of the twitchiness is?

I am 16 almost 17 and my eye and arm and leg and hand and pretty much every part of my body twitches. This goes on for so long. Evewry single day this happens and I have no idea why. All I know is that I want it to stop. It is getting in the way of my school work when I am trying to pay attention to what the teacher is talking about. I really need some help on this. If you have any ideas pleas

Hi everyone,
i am 18 and i have been notcing that my arms,legs,toes, and upper eyelids have constant small twitches threw out the day, exspecally at night for the past 8 months. i went to my doctor and he says that my body has a lot of anxiety which causes my body to twitch. he has Prescribed me to 1MG ATIVAN A DAY WHICH HAS HELP ME SO MUCH!!!! it has totally stop the twitching all threw the day. IF U ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES AS ME TALK 2 YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT GETTING ON ATIVAN(benzodiazapins). hope this helps!!

you mean your MIND has a lot

The twitching and jerking muscle problem could be due to anemia. Or low oxygen to tissues due to anemia. Have a doctor test your red cell, iron and vitamin B12 levels. Whatever your particular cause is it has helped me to take vitamins, eat more green veggies and walk a mile every day.

Will we die from this?

It could just be that you over worked yourself. Happens to me during my down time even into the next day from stading long hours at work.

Drink more water.

I had muscle jerking & twitching so bad it was so bad that my legs would draw up into my stomach. I had numbness & heaviness in both my legs also,my feet would drag too.Some doctors tried to tell me I had Lou Gerhigs disease.But after several months I was diagnosed with a tumor inside my spinal cord.(benign)It was removed or most of it was removed. They couldn't get it all. But my legs hardly ever twitch now.

Everybody I know gets this. So don't worry.

okay everytime i sit or lay down my leg twitches and then i cant control it and i look at people to see they didnt see it

I happens when just sitting and its like a zapping in the fimor . I talk to the Dotor and she said it could be part of RA but when I look it up, their are not symtoms like that