i have been having issues with my stomach pretty bad for a few months now. i went through a peroid where everytime i ate i got a horrible headache, ear pressure, and feeling of a swollen throat. and of course nausea. this was happening after everytime i ate, no matter what i ate, and between that and my loss of appitite i lost 12 pounds without trying.

latley though my main problem has been this metal taste in my mouth, nothing can get rid of it! when i dont have the taste of metal, i sometimes have the taste of sour bread. also, dihharea has been an issue throughout this whole period. the nausea is so constant and so bad that im taking phenegern (promathazine) almost everyday but i dont want to take meds for it, i just want it to stop!
i got blood checked for celiac disease, negative, and also a negetive pregnancy test.
help!

memsiej

my wife has had an identical problem and after 3 months we're no closer to solving it. have you had any luck?

regards
wazz

I'm also having a metal or metallic taste in my mouth and it's horrible. It affects my tongue and all of the areas inside my mouth. The doctor has no idea what it is or what is causing it. I've tried a mouthwash specifically designed for dry mouth (Biotene), but it has not helped.

I had the same metallic taste two times before, for short time periods. These episodes only lasted a couple of days and the Biotene helped.

Now I cannot get rid of it at all. I also notice that I'm losing my sense of taste when I eat.

HELP!

Ellen

I have an awful dry mouth and the metal taste is getting worse I have to go to the Drs as I can not stand it anymore, if i get any answers I will post here.

this is for just about everyone on here. The metal taste in mouth is sometimes associated with IBS either IBS with diarrhea or constipation. I have IBS with constipation and as gross as this may seem when you aren't having a bowel movement the toxins in your poo has to come out somewhere. With me I get the metal taste, I sweat excessively and my tummy hurts. Try to keep track of your BMs if that's not it see a dr. as I'm sure most of you have

Hi I have Kidney stones which are due to be treated, when they play up and i get the dull ache i get a metallic taste in my mouth. Maybe you should ask your doctor to check for kidney stones.

I've had this metal taste in my mouth a few years ago and went to a naturopathic doctor about it. He told me it was a lack of zinc in my diet. I started including this supplement in my diet and no more metal taste. It's something you can purchase off the shelf but I'm not sure what amount. Try talking to someone in the know about first of course.

It's usually a sign of a vitamin deficiency. Typically, if you're having on-going stomach issues, then your body is not properly absorbing the nutrients from your foods. I had chronic indigestion and upset stomach, and multiple other health issues. Finally, after seeing seeing a holistic doctor, she ran blood tests for vit d, b12, iron and a few other things. I was very low in all of them. While I was not Celiac, I do believe I am gluten and casein sensitive. You can have gluten intolerance, and still not be autoimmune (Celiac). I removed Gluten and dairy products (because those bother me too) and I have no stomach problems, and I have finally been able to get my vitamin levels up. The metallic taste, along with all the other symptoms of low vitamins are gone.

Also, keep in mind that low B12 with cause nerve damage, which can cause numbness and loss of taste, hearing, etc. I have to take subliguals, and get monthly shots.

Ditto on the celiac and lactose or casien problems. Get tested! They also cause the gastrointestinal issues you described.

You may have Giardiasis . I had the metalic taste in my mouth, the irritable bowel, and a range of other gut related symptoms for many months. I saw many doctors before one properly diagnosed the illness (via a stool sample -- it's quite hard to track apparently). One huge dose of antibiotics later I was better, but the antibiotics themselves made me quite sensitive to dairy (because they were so strong).