Good day everyone.

My good friend Amanda is having a huge health problems lately. A few months ago she was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. She was dealing with it pretty good, she is visiting her doctor for this and she is holding this issue under control. 

But a couple of days ago she is complaining to me that now she is having some muscle twitching and she is asking me what this can be. I really don't have a clue what this can be, but I want to help her.

Do you even know what this means? Any help? 

Hi.
First, I didn't understand you did she told her doctor anything about this, but if she didn't she should. Something like this should be under control, and I believe that you are aware of this as well.
But you should know that anxiety can cause a great number of physical symptoms that seem highly unlikely
or unbelievable. So, muscle twitching can be one of those as well. I do believe the mind can create the very sensations that we fear, simply because we fear them. Personally, I find that I have periodic anxiety in the form of dizziness and a sensation that my mind is sort of slowing down or retracting. So you should keep this on your mind as well.
Good luck.

Hey Hannah,

Muscle twitching is one of the symptoms of anxiety, no doubt about that. It is not one of the common symptoms, that's for sure, but it isn't that rare either. What causes muscle twitching is a lot of stress in the person's body. She needs to avoid situations that are making her feel stressed out. This is not easy since she is suffering from anxiety, people suffering from anxiety tend to be stressed out most of the time but I am afraid that there is no other way for her to stop her muscle twitching. She needs to avoid stress at all cost.

Hey there. Maybe I posted a little bit confusing post, now I can tell. No, she haven't seen her doctor because she believes that this is nothing that dangerous, but I can see that she is scared a lot. I tried to tell her that she needs to visit her doctor because it can become really bad, but no - she is hardheaded and she told me that she is going to wait for a while to see what is going to happen. I also told her that muscle twitching needs to be a part of symptoms of anxiety but she didn't take it seriously. I don't know what to do, I really want to help her...

Didn't you say that she went to see her doctor and that she was actually diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder? I don't really understand this right now but it doesn't matter.

Muscle twitching is a common thing that happens to people suffering from anxiety. It doesn't happen to all of them, but it does happen to a lot of them. It is not dangerous at all and there are some things that can help her get rid of this muscle twitching. For example, she needs to avoid stress, like Gaia said. She can also try and exercise on a daily basis, that would help as well.

If she wants to get rid of muscle twitching, she needs to get away from stress, just like Gaia wrote above.

I have a friend who was suffering from anxiety and he had this muscle twitching thing. He went to see his doctor and the doctor told him that this is just a symptom of anxiety and that it is caused by overly accumulated stress in his body and that the only way to stop this muscle twitching is to get rid of this stress. Well, he tried his best, it wasn't really easy to manage it but he did it, and so can she.

Yes, but I haven't told you the whole story because I was thinking that this is not that important. She was diagnosed with it while she was at her business trip. She started to have some weird symptoms and her colleagues took her to the doctor (I think that she was in the Spain) but when she came back to America, she didn't go to her doctor to confirm this diagnose or to see what exactly is going on with her, since she is complaining about this all the time. As she told me, this doctor told her that this is nothing that she should be THAT worried about and now I don't know how to convince her that she needs to go to see her doctor. I hope that you get a better picture now :)

Definitely the biggest mistake is that she is avoiding to see her doctor here, in America because this is very important. You can't deal with generalized anxiety on your own, especially if she is having those kind of symptoms. This is a disorder that should be controlled with your doctor. A lot of people doesn't even know what is generalized anxiety. People with this kind of disorder experience excessive anxiety and worry, often expecting the worst even when there is no apparent reason for concern. But it can be fatal sometimes. Also, people with this anticipate disaster and may be overly concerned about money, health, family, work, or other issues. GAD is diagnosed when a person finds it difficult to control worry on more days than not for at least six months and has three or more symptoms.

I have general anxiety disorder and had twitching in toes for over a year non stop. I think it has to do with anxiety or maybe low in minerals perhaps magnesium