I have a constant sweet taste in my mouth. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be causing it ? It's really driving me nuts !
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Kim

I am also experiencing a constant sweet taste in my mouth. This has been going on for about four days now. It is also driving me nuts!!! I brush and floss so I know it's nothing in my teeth... Everything I eat or drink is followed by this strong sweet taste. Please HELP!!!

Do you suffer from diabetes? Are you at risk of developing diabetes meaning overweight, eating unhealthy, do not exercise, have sedentary line of work, have diabetics in your family, etc?

One of the diabetics’ symptoms could be metallic or sweet taste in mouth, so if you are at risk, you should have it checked.
Have you been taking any drugs (medicines)? Different metabolic or gastrointestinal disorders could be causing bad breath and weird taste in mouth, so if your problems persist, why not have a word with a doctor about it and do some tests if necessary?

do you chew gun or eat anything with aspertane sweetners in them? I have the same problem and think this might be the cause.

I am diabetic but my blood sugar level in in good control. I was worried yesterday about the lingering sweet taste. I usually use Slpenda but I did use aspartame. I agree that in may be aspartame

I've got the same problem....any other ideas?

I came to your post hoping to learn something because I too have a constant sweet taste in my mouth. I've had two episodes of it, each lasting about a week, with a 2 week break inbetween. I don't know why this is happening. Have you learned anything new about it?

Check your car to see if you have any anitfreeze leaks, I just found a leak and realized I had been breathing the antifreeze, its deadly that's why cats like it cause it has a sweet flavor. Worth a try.

I also have a constant sweet taste in my mouth, even when I wake up in the am. I have experienced this for over three months. I plan to get a check-up next week, including another glucose test. There is diabetes in my family, but my tests have always been negative.

Any other ideas? :-|

I also have the same thing, and I am a diabetic. I also think it is artificail sweetner, because when I drink things with splendia it seems to happen more often. today was the worse that it has ever happen so it was a bit frigtening. However, My sugers are below 100 today so I dont think it is my diabeter

Tom

if you are on a carb depletion type diet, say Atkins, then when your body goes into ketosis (carb depletion) you will have a sweet taste in your mouth, almost like a saccrine taste...like sweet-n-low or such. But diabetics also have issues with ketones and carbs so to be safe have a glucose check if your not doing the low carb diet. Just a thought.

go see an acupuncturist/ herbologist, the chinese have described this condition thousands of years ago. its treatable with acupuncture and herbs. its something called spleen disharmony.

I have had a sweet taste in my mouth for a few days and I am on a low carb diet. I never realised the sweet taste could be due to this. Why is that?

you have proberbly got diabetes go check at doctors especially if you have put on weight try to eat sensible and exercise 20 minutes a day even house work helps a lot dont be a couch potato beat the betes.

I get this when I eat alot of ramen, I cut out the ramen and it goes away