I’ve been under the lot of stress lately, but recently I have got this nasty metallic taste in my mouth. What could be causing it, is it symptoms of the stress? How can I get rid of it?

In some cases, abnormal tastes in the mouth, like metallic taste is, can be related to stress. When you are stressed, the brain can play tricks and normal sensations can be interpreted by the brain as abnormal, but this does not mean that you are making it up you actually experience the sensation as abnormal. Also metallic taste in the mouth can be caused by infections of the mouth or teeth, skin conditions that affect the mucous membranes in the mouth such as lichen planus, or other problems, such as Crohn's disease

Yes, I have had this on and off most of my life...when I get really anxious the metallic taste starts in my mouth, usually in the top left side by my ja hinge joint.. I have no metal fillings so I know it's not that. It lasts for a few hours, sometimes a few days. It's annoying and I always get to thinking it's something serious.
Once it's gone away I don't think about it until the next time.