Hi, my brother has noticed recently a strange, metallic taste in mouth. It is felt mostly in the morning and as the days go on, unpleasant taste goes away. what could this symptom be indicating?

Hi, I had strange feeling in my mouth when I had gastritis complications and as the disease was curing my symptoms vanished. Whatever I was eating or drinking, like strong flavored food as chocolate, coffee, chili, pepper couldn’t cover this sense in my mouth. I have gastric problems for years but I couldn’t believe that any connection could exist. After long research by visiting doctors, suspecting lead poisoning and checking levels of lead and other heavy metals in blood, specially because I live in polluted industrial region.: the conclusion was that it is probably related to reflux of certain sorts of food. Actually, this sensation vanished by itself, and real cause was never determined.