I am new here and I am in trouble I think. I started taking methadose
for back pain, and now I am trying to get off of it and go to a doctor. I stopped taking it last year, and I went through what I consider hell for about a month. I went back on the methadose, unprescribed, and I am trying to
stop it without the withdrawl. I mean, I am sure that I will have Some residual effects, but I don't want to stop cold turkey. I feel like I could do way more harm than good that way. I have no money for insurance right now either, which would help me avoid all this. I realize I have a problem, and I want to stop it before it gets worse. The dosage I would take usually would be a half of the wafer, which toatl is 40mg, half is 20 obviously, and I would take the I guess one whole tablet (40 mg) a day, just split up- half morning half in the night to sleep. I don't want ot do it alone again, an dI want this sh*t to end. Is there any advice I can get? Thanks in advance.

guess I got overlooked, haha.

Well, I can see that I am not getting any responses on this board,
thats a bit of a let down. I need help, and I will go somewhere else
where someone will even at least say, good luck. Thanks for nothing,
and have a great day. And to all those on this board who are struggling with similar problems, good luck, and hang in there. I will be praying for all of you tonight.

I am down to 25mg a day of liquid methadose for opiate addiction and I want OFF! My clinic is giving me a hell of a time and i am ready to walk and deal with the w/d's I have 3 yrs clean (*and was only on opiates a yr) It is time. I have doubled my weight and my self esteem is BLAH! Granted it saved my life THEN - but I am ready and sick of this drawn out process

Does anyone know what w/d's I would experience if I just called it quits - took a good detox supplement and pushed the water.....

PLEASE ADVICE IS SOUGHT - NOW IS THE TIME -

What dosage were you on when u got to 25 mgs..that is low i'm on 180 going down 5mgs a week

I have been on 20mgs.daily for 2 yrs.I would like to quite taking it all together,but have been stuck at 20mgs.when I go any lower I have withdrawls,I have quite cold for a week,but the hell was too much,I could not funtion with work and taking care of my family.I can tell you this,the best way I have found to get off methadone or methadose is to drop 1mg. a week it keeps the withdrawls at a minium.If you are on a higher dose 80mgs.a day or more you can drop 5mgs. a week .but when you get to a low dose like 30mgs. or less,you have to slow down and let body get used to the drop before you drop your dose again(usally a week).Quitting this way does take longer then quitting cold,but if you have a job and a family to take care of this is a way to quit without being so uncomfortable that you can't funtion,also call to your higher power for strength,belive it or not that helps the most,Good Luck

I am in same boat now and it sucks!! I hate my clinic I have a month pic up and have gone down from 110 to 40 mg now... I just want this to end!!! I hate methadone!!!