WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I TAKE METHADONE AFTER TAKING SUBOXONE, I TOOK THE SUBOXONE OVER 24 HRS AGO. :? :?

Hi Kaysey: If you only took 1 suboxone, you should be totally fine. Suboxone is for getting of opiates such as oxycodone and oxycocet. Methadone is also for opiates but mostly used for herroin etc. But I used methadone for getting off oxycocet and oxycodone. Like I said, you should be OK with a regular dose of methadone, as long as the suboxone was the once and like you said 24 hours ago. Try not to do that again though OK? They are both great choices, but for different reasons. Good luck!

Once again Bambi has very good advice and I'm just posting to support mostly what she said. I think that you should realize that what you have done is not entirely a good idea but you should be okay having done it once. If you start to feel strange or out of the ordinary, please seek medical help immediately. Keep us posted on how this is going for you. We're curious to see how you're doing!

This is an old thread I know....but in case someone is looking for answers further than whats been described above about taking methadone AFTER taking Suboxone (Buprenorphine/Nalaxone.).

If u take Methadone AFTER Suboxone, and u were fine b4 you took the methadone, YOU WILL BE FINE AFTER TAKING THE METHADONE.

This is b/c suboxone has a higher affinity for the opiate receptor than any other opiate wether methadone (Synthetic. Not true opiate. But acts like one.) or Oxycontin, percocet, Fentanyl, Heroin, hydrocodone etc...

If youre on Suboxone, the buprenorphine molecules are SOOO TIGHTLY bound/stuck on the opiate receptors that the methadone you took AFTER.....will NOT really affect you at all. The Suboxone will act like a blocking agent. Blocking anything else from binding to the opiate receptors. So, u should feel almost NO difference if not None at all.

REVERSE: take Suboxone AFTER you take Methadone. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Suboxone will basically TEAR OFF the methadone from the opiate receptors ALMOST ALL AT ONCE! --That's analogous to driving 50 miles an hour and hitting a big tree and reaching 0 miles an hour INSTANTLY!!

You will undergo something called PRECIPITATED withdrawl. This is much much worse than simply going cold turkey. Your body doesn't even get several hours to start to adjust to the hell you go through. It happens within minutes.
You cant push opiates into your system to recover in the ER either. So, w/ no opiate on the planet to help....they CAN put you under. Like anesthesia before surgery or something.

However, you need to know this treatment(s) are/is available because Dr's...the heathcare workers in general have a VERY NEGATIVE outlook/view of someone who is in precipitated withdrawl or even cold turkey or other opiate withdrawl.

They may make/want you to suffer thru cold turkey. Been hearing that opiate WD is hell, but not life-threatening. This is prob only generally true.

Be aggresive! Ask for what you think will work if you know. Speak up!!! Tell them you want the least amt. of suffering possible.

Tell them you want suboxone, or the sedation/anesthesia based detox. program.

You should be able to taper down to 5 mg's of methadone /day b4 you quit. EVen then you could move to low dose codeine or something? Tramadol maybe?

This day and age???? No one should be suffering!!! Theres ways around acute opiate WD pains. The physical stuff anyway. The mental stuff will require a Psychiatrist. Personally, from experience I would want a month's worth of moderate to high dose Valium, then a month of lower dose Valium, then a monthe of even LOWER dose valium combined with something like Remeron, Seroquel or Zoloft etc...eventually you end up off the Valium and ON the anti-depressant or anti-psychotic which will help your long lasting psychological side effects of the WD.

So I have been on methadone for a little over 2 yrs now and my taper has been very successful. I was taking 140mg a day. I started tapering 3mg every 9 days with brief pauses around 100mg and then again around 60mg. I just recently started going down 5mg once a week. The withdrawals have not been bad b/c it has been such a slow process. The only thing I'm starting to get is the diarrhea.I have been a little more cranky lately too,but you need a good strong support system in place. I seek a mental health provider once every 2 weeks and changing the circle of friends isn't such a bad idea either. If the temptation is in front of you you are more likely to use. My husband is not a user and when I finally came to him for help he was upset but has been there the whole way.. Thank God... But if I can do it being a user for more than 15yrs with EVERY drug known to mankind then anybody can... Good Luck to All in their endeavors... :-)

im thinking about takeing some methadone because i think i didnt wait long enough my doctor i thought was doin it rite but i took the sub 5 hours early and now im haveing some withdraw

I just took my meth,i could not stop.i am still so f**** nervous!damn!

Can you take methadone after taking suboxone 8 hours ago??

NO.....stop the drug use people. I was on the road to a goo life becoming a cop n living a good happy NORMAL life! Tearing my ACL n a few knee n back surgrys I turn to more n more street drugs like methadone basically anything I could get my hands on b/c of the pain. But suboxone saved my life or at least what's left after almost going to jail n spending all my money n losing my family. So plz don't follow in my shoes. I know they make u feel cool for a while but that all goes away in the end! Start thinking long term!

So let me say a few things on this cause I'm currently going threw extreme withdrawal's due to the fact that I'm on methadone and my friend needed some Sub's and I grabbed it for her not wanting to get in trouble if pulled over I stuck it in my Adderall bottle, well both are orange and about the same size but one is oval and on isn't but kinda close. So this am she wanted to me get up and didn't know that the sub's were in my Adderall bottle and handed me a few pills and told me to get of bed !!! Well needless to say 2  1/2 hours later I was getting bad anxiety and couldn't stop moving and thought OMG didn't take my methadone today yet and then about 5 min later i said the real OMG !!! and looked and realized what had happened and I was getting really bad by this point, I know what extreme detox feels like cause about a year ago I hadn't taken any methadone for 72 hours and was real sick and methadone clinic was closed so i ended up taking a 1/2 a sub and then i started to get worse so i took the other half, well i ended up having seizure like symptoms but fully awake for 2 hours then went to the ER. They didn't really know what to do but they gave me Adavan IV and I was still detoxing but not as bad. So when I felt that feeling today I went into panic mode but since it was a pill and I swallowed it I was sick but not as bad as last time. The acid in your stomach kills a bunch of the sub before it can be absorbed that's why you take it under your tongue and thank god for that !!! But I still made myself throw up till there was nothing left. Well I came straight home cause I'm at the mail while this is going on and I start looking it up on the internet and found some stuff but not as much as I had hoped, does anyone know if there is a "cure" for this ??? If so please post so people know in the future.... I'm still kinda "sick" but not that bad, I'm just happy that i "took it wrong" and it wasn't like last time cause that was HELL and I WOULDN'T wish it on anyone.... Well I said that some people say that methadone trumps all Opiod's so I took a small amount of my meth and I fell sleep and woke up feeling a little better so I took the rest it hasn't hurt and i think it has helped some but all that matters is that it didn't make i worst so I'm' happy for that.....I don't know if a benzo would help, some say yes some say no, but the way I see it is that everyone is different and try whatever you need to in order to not go threw that it's HELL.... I mean I almost hit the block to find something stronger but thank god I didn't cause I have 3.5 years clean but I was to that point !

here is the deal people like dude said before..u can takemethadone after subs just not the other way around..i took 16 mg subs today and 7 hours later took 4 dones and felt sOOOO much better..those subs made me so SICK!!!it was horrible..but this was my experience and everyone is is different.Hope this helps:)

I have been on Methadone for 8 1/2 years. I have been going to a Clinic. They took my Take-Homes, making it impossinle for me to coninue treatment there, because I live in Scioto Oh, and it's in Huntington WV. Well my only option was to try and get in a Suboxone Clinic here in my town. I went 40 hours or so with no Methadone, then they gave me Subutex for this next week...I have had HELL ALL NIGHT!!!!! They said to take 16 mlgs, after about an hour, I have been in hell...I have NEVER been so sick..And they sad the Subutex wouldn't do that...wrong!!!  I took it for my first time yesterday at 4:30pm, it's now 10:12am. Im still off, but not like I was all night. I have experienced it, so DO NOT TAKE SUBUTEX/SUBOXONE if ur on Methadone. I really want to stop and go back to my Methadone treatment. But, at this point, can't. I just hope after some time, I get better. God luck, and GOD Bless to all of you!!

I haven't yet tried it... I juss took a piece of a strip, but now I want to do a methadone which I prefer to have but I don't want to go in to withdrawals.. I kno that if you have been on the methadone u cant take the suboxone... but I wonder if its different when u do it the other way around... Juss let me kno !!!

thank you, I took subs at 3 yesterday and i want to take done today, i'm clock watching. Need to just take the done and get on with my day, thank you so much

i took about an 8th an inch peice of sobuone today about 12:00 pm would i be ok if i take 40 millis