What are the differences between Methadose and Methadone in regards to the "Vehicles" or "Buffering Agents" that they use to produce both of these synthetic opiates?

I have been using Methadone for MD/MS pain control for 12 years now. The current Hospice that I am now using has switched pharmacies and the new pharmacy does not carry the 40mg Diskette Methadone (Orange Tablets), but only carry the 40mg Diskette Methadose (White Tablets).

I have noticed remarkable differences between both of thses, the Methadose being described as the "Generic" and the Methadone as "Brand." Taking the Methadose, I break out in rashes, leg and arm swelling and stomach illnesses. Of course the Pharmacists say that there is now differences between the two, if so, why do I seem to be having these outbreaks when I take the Methadose?

Thank you for your personal interest and concern in this matter.

i know that Methadone is a drug that is similar to heroin, although it lasts a lot longer in the body and is one of a number of synthetic opiates (also called opioids) that are manufactured for medical use and have similar effects to heroin. but im not sure why methadose would effect you differntly. maybe they use generic ingredints and they effect you differntly.. sorry if im no help

You will see, if you look, many posts stating diametrically opposed views on this subject but here are the facts as I know them. Methadose is the generic product, namely methadone hydrochloride. They are the same although one could argue about the ratio of i and d isomers. More than likely the so-called inert ingredients, binders and whatnot are causing your problem.

tholman33 wrote:

because even though the methadone in both methadose and methadone is the same, other ingredients of the pill are different, ex. "i contains a calcium salt, while the other does not, etc. Although these ingredients are not "drugs," they can absolutely affect the way the "drug" is processed by your body."