In a research on how to design new crops and try to meet increasing demands for food, biofuels, industrial materials, and new medicines a big help is provided from a small plant called Arabidopsis thaliana. This plant is very interesting for many country's that try to fight lack of natural resources. The research on this plant is very detailed and they have 1,6 million hits on their pages.
Would new designed crops be the only thing that we will have in future and is this the only way of overcoming of the lack of natural ones?

I think a lot of people are afraid of so-called Frankenfoods but I think that they're perfectly fine to eat and that it's sort of naive to think that you can feed the world on organic food grown naturally with natural methods, because there's only so much you can yield. I like things like golden rice and other foods like that which benefit people and keep kids from going blind. I think this is a good idea actually!

Well I totally agree with you. Every year there are more and more people on Earth and there is no chance that everybody can be feed by natural crops. And especially they are using some of them for energy now. I think that we need this new crops and that will all will depend on them some day. I think that that is our future.
What about everybody else? What do you think of these new crops?