Do you have any opinion on global warming? There is so much informations out there, and many advertisements are warning us to safe energy as much as we can. On the other hand, there are some skeptics about this and they don't believe that we are in that much problem.
I think that from year to year a fact is that we have wormer weather, and that our planet is getting warmer. This is a big problem. But on the other hand I think that we still have time to change things, to change our energy sources, to change our spending habits. Even diseases are spreading much faster and from time to time we hear for some new virus.
What do you think, do we still have time to heal our planet a little bit?

yes dark red!!! its a saying in indian language"jab jago tab savera"
means its never late,to correct ones mistakes!!!! well we still have some ice,forests and ozone left..we can fix it but wach out the clock is ticking o.O
weather is changing DRAMATICALY!! m realy worried wether its going to rain this year in India or not..its the weather which can distroy the life in far less tim than what it actuly took to evolve,may be weeks days or hours or minutes like in tornadoz!!!
one side i see huge campaigns running for this noble coz,planting programs,using ecofriendly articles ect...on the othe side same govt is cutting off trees to make wider roads how logical is that??
people are behaving as if they dont have any idea about wats going on below their nose,or they belive that some superman will come and save the earth..i would rather love to die in an alien attack,than in this miserable condition!!
we have to increase the green belt,polar ice is melting lik anything,to survive either we lower down the raising temp. or just wait to develope GILLS coz every thing is going to drown!!!
wat steps should be taken,m sure most of them know!! problem is people are not willing,lack of concern thats what i can say!!
its our mess and we have to correct it...understand people

Hi Madhavi Rawat, I am curious to hear if you have any idea as to what else we could do. What do you think that we can do day-to-day to stop this or at least help with this? I live in a big city and I don't feel like there's much that I can do but I want to do things to help. I can't like go out and plant trees or anything like that.

I agree with both of you, but everybody can do something. For instance, water. Do you pay any attention on how much water do you spend while showering or shaving or washing your teeth? If most of the people in big city's would pay a little attention on how do they spend water, we would be able to save and have more drinkable water.
This is just one thing, I hope someone else has some more examples on how can we all help to save our planet.

I just found out that twenty leading scientist have send an open letter to president B. Obama that the currently stated objectives in limiting the climatic disruption are grossly inadequate. They are urging him to take leadership towards meet the objectives of the 1992 Framework Convention on Climate Change.
I'm very interested in seeing if anything will be done in this field. Do you think that something positive will happen?

I think that most people n the world don't care about this. There are so many pollutions all over the world. But in last couple of years some awareness is been raised and there is still time to stop polluting the world. I agree also that everybody can help by some simple things. From electricity to water. Reduce unneeded spendings of these two things and you have done a lot.

Technology is growing every day all over the world and spending of electricity is getting higher and higher. Mi opinion is that we need to focus to find new sources for generating electricity.
Water is other thing. You are right. There are so many pollutions all over the world and it is hard to keep them to minimum. Drinkable water will be an issue in the future if something is not changed.
My friend told me about this great documentary called Earth. It fallows migration paths of four animal families. And after seeing it he said to me that he can not believe how are we not doing anything to save our planet. Has anybody watched this documentary?

Well global worming is great deal now days and it is becoming a big problem.
They are conducting a study where they want to find out which lands will be abandonment in Russia. How will this have an effect on their culture. Major contributors to land abandonment in Russia is a combination of land that is unsuited for agriculture and sites that are too far from urban areas. when the project is completed, a model of land abandonment and re-colonization will be made that incorporates local population dynamics and cultural factors to predict potential future abandonment patterns based on climate change.

I also find out that National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) and Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) are prepared to lunch a new project that will help Latin American and Caribbean nations prepare for the impacts of global warming. They say that in Latin American region the biggest threats are hurricanes, flooding, landslides, shortages of drinking water and the spread of insect-borne diseases. So they are funding this 1$ million project to help nations in the region increase their resiliency to anticipated impacts of climate change.
It seams that they are conducting more and more projects considering global worming and climate changes.
Are there any more projects similar to this one?

I don't really know what will happen. I know a lot of people were really looking forward to what Obama was able to achieve but I don't think that thus far we have seen a lot of the change that we wanted. Of course climate change is a huge issue and cannot just be fixed in one presidency so I think that's important to realize. I hope that Obama is able to pass a legacy onto another president when he leaves office that will be carried on instead of ignored.

You are right, this is an issue that can not be dealt in one presidency. It is important to start something and I hope that he will. Because we really need it. It is important that something is happening and not just to look how things are getting worse. There are a lot of problems now days but this should be one of the main issues.
What does anybody else think?

hi bludog, m so sorry for replying too late,got buzy with ma studies!!!
you were asking about how one can help in reducing globalwarming,rt?
here is the list:
1:DRIVING-keep your vehicle in good condition,take it for regular servicing..it will consume less fule and produce less harmful gases. when you in trafic,like whe the trafic light is red,turn off the engine. for short distance you can use a cycle,or u can walk,it would be very healthy.
2:WATER-do not unnessarily waste the water,use only that much which is require,do not use shower for bath it consumes more water,use bucket instead..th level of ground water is declining so to increase it we have to make way for the rain water to reach ground,coz its the rain water which is the chif source of G water..for this make sure that water is not collected on the roof or teris,otherwise it will evaporate,connect a pipe from roof to ground if required..garden lovers should not greed to feed their lawn with tons of water.
3:ELECTRICTY- switch off the light when not requird,Change your home's incandescent light into compact fluorescent light. A compact fluorescent light uses only 25% energy of incandescent light..
Need to change your monitor? buy an LCD monitor instead of CRT monitor cause LCD monitor uses about 56% less energy than CRT monitor. Off your computer screen when you are away from the computer. Set your monitor into screen saver mode will not save any electricity
Don't open your fridge's door except needed. This is because open the door for one minute will force fridge's motor to operate for half hour more.
Use solar heating technique to heat up your home and water so that you can save the use of electricity.
keep your appliances in good working condition,it will consume less power.( i have one)
in winter put some xtra clothing n keep doors and windows shut nicely,rather than increasing the temp of heater.
4: RECYCLING-Recycle paper, aluminium can and glass. This is because recycle uses 60-70 % less energy than producing product from raw material. Use more energy means burn more amount of fossil fuel and severe the degree of global warming.
do minimum use o f polythenes..
5.AWARENESS:teach other, and educate them about global warming.
6 lastly love green and PROMOTE GREEN COLOR!!!! ( my max things are green)
soory for the delay again!! keep in touch bye

I think that in these few posts there have been listed several things that person can do at home to reduce the spending of unneeded energy. When you look at all of these things they seam so little alone, but if many people do all of them the benefit would be seen. It is everybody's free will to do this. There are over 6 billion people around the world and it is hard to raise awareness on that big level. People usually change when something big happens. I really hope that we are not going to sit and wait for this big thing to change our minds.

hey,where is my last post here????? :-(
and dark red plz call me madhavi..

yea! hope so..atleast we can do our job,and inspire others!!1 i think we should focus more on childrine coz they are not ridgid like adults,and more over the are the future so we should teach them about this...