Alright this is a spin-off of sorts, 'cause there's a topic about Weleda. I'm new to natural skincare products and have used Dr Organic so far mainly. So I'm hoping to learn more about what brands are out there, which natural skincare brands are the best, which ones are best value for money, and so on and so on. Hopefully the stuff you mention will be available in the UK but I'm not selfish so for general informative purposes you can mention any and all natural skincare products you want :).

Looking forward to seeing what you've got to say!

It's hard to judge which natural skin-care brand is "the best"; this would depend on your personal opinion. There are many brands nowadays to look into, however. They include:

- Skin & Bones (very pricey)
- Alba Botanica (very reasonably priced)
- Acure (very reasonably priced)
- 100% Pure (mid range)

Would that give you something to work with? :) I like Dr Organic as well, by the way. As for availability, everything's available off the web now as long as you are willing to pay sending costs where applicable.

Celebrity

Hey,

Organic, cruelty-free, additive-free cosmetics have been appearing on the market in ever greater numbers over the last decade or so, with the rate speeding up all the time. Considering how many people simply want to be able to buy the products they use to care for their skin from a store, that is certainly a very positive fact. However, I also recommend you look to the source, as it were. Sometimes just plain old jojoba oil is better than a moisturizer that contains it, to name one example - and also definitely cheaper. You can also make your own creams. You can work with fruits, vegetables, honey, herbs, all kinds of things, for your skincare. This is where you really start getting into the natural aspect of it.

Rosie

Hello!

Have you heard of Herbivore Botanicals? I actually came across this company earlier today while just browsing the web and was impressed by what I saw and read. Their products have great reviews, are natural and cruelty free, and have lusciously elegant yet simple packages. Must have!!!

The prices? Well, no more expensive than other high end brands, except this is all natural and cruelty free. I am about to order some of their things now, actually, but reviews would be appreciated in case anyone on Steady Health has used Herbivore Botanicals before.

Hello!

I'd advise you to look into Tata Harper if you haven't already done so. Natural skincare products come in all price ranges now and I'm glad that more affordable choices are available. You DID ask who makes the BEST natural skincare products, however, and to that question I have to answer that you have to look into Tata Harper. You are talking pure luxury, really a line made for the discerning consumer. You will feel like a Queen using her products!

Thanks for all your replies, people! That gave me lots of good ideas. I still haven't ordered any of these but I'm definitely going to expand my horizons and branch out a little, trying different natural products. Wow, Tata Harper looks really awesome, something like Badescu. With a price tag to go along with that too mind you! Alba Botanica is available from Amazon and I really like the look of them as well as their price :). I've been eyeing the Hawaiian moisture cream and some other stuff, from the same range, the face mask, the toner, the cleanser... all reasonably priced and with papaya enzymes which are meant to be really good! Thanks again and keep the suggestions coming please!!!

Hello there.

I am really one for natural skincare as well and have used Weleda in the past. I definitely don't want to have any skin care products that have been tested on animals. I must admit that I do wear leather shoes and eat honey occasionally and am also the proud owner of six chickens and a cockrel, so eggs are definitely on the menu. I don't always agree with PETA. They do have a very good and long list of cruelty free products you can buy. You I think you could check that out if you want to know more. Just Googling cruelty free certified companies will give you great big lists as well.

Personally I often just use natural oils. I think that they are cruelty free but I have to say that I am not 100% sure. Maybe they use pesticides on the crops or something.

When you're talking about cruelty-free skincare and makeup, so products that weren't tested on animals, you've really got quite a few really nice brands to choose from these days! Bare Minerals is a popular and very reputable brand that is as known for its cruelty-free status as it is for its high quality. I think they are organic as well. Carol's Daughter is also cruelty free. Lush is another one, I am quite sure, that does not test on animals.

As far as what the word "natural" means, I think that's harder. Everybody is going to have their own definition of natural vs unnatural. Chemicals is another such word. Everything is made up of chemicals. Oxygen is a chemical. So people who say they want their cosmetics to be free from chemicals is talking nonsense. What they really mean when they say natural is made of plants and not oil derivatives, etc, I guess, hahahahaha.

Dr. Hauschka!!!

I've been using their products for like forever and can't complain at all! It's just a really great company with a history of commitment to your skin, to nature, to people... and I can't say that I use their products exclusively for my skin but I do have pretty much most of the stuff in my bathroom from them. Their products make my skin feel like a million dollars and look awesome too.