Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been taking suboxone since the end of April 2012.  I loved vicodin because of the back pain.  I then got addicted to them and started buying them from everyone and their moms.  I went to a suboxone doctor after I got into some trouble.  Thinking this doctor would help me and be responsible and taper me off.  NOPE!!  "You have to be in the program for 1 1/2- 2 years"  I did not do any research and idiotically agreed with him.  He is a doctor and knows more than me is what I thought.  The "responsible doctor" told me to always take 12mg per day, I never did, that's way to much and honestly I don't remember much of the day before the next day so I knew that was even too high.  I have always kept it at 4mg or 6 if it's a bad day.  I stopped being happy, stopped showing emotions.  Lost my fiance and here I am.  I have tapered myself many times but I found that it is hell on earth to literally be down to .50 or .25mg per day and have always found myself taking a "rescue dose" to help.  I tried to stick it out and I didn't take anything for about 4 days.  The 4 days I that I did that I also went to the ER hoping that maybe today they will help, but they told me to get bent and gave me some clonidine for the blood pressure and zofran for the nausea.  I turned back to vicodin about 1 1/2 weeks ago and 2 days ago I stopped.  I thought that If I could get myself back on the pills I would do that and then use the sub to flush the pills out.  What an idiotic thing to do.  Now that I'm out of pills I have to take something so I took suboxone.  Yesterday I took 4mg and today I took 6mg.  Does anyone have experience in this sort of  case.  I am very lost and I need to get my stuff together and willpower is not helping me anymore.  I lost that about 4 days ago.  I didn't get high off the pills or at least I don't think I did.  I just want to be normal again if that makes sense.  I apologize in advance if you are rolling your eyes at me.  I know It was dumb but I need some help.  Someone with knowledge please steer me in the correct direction.  I got more pills now but I am not even thinking about taking them.  I can't deal with these crappy withdrawls anymore.  The thing I found the toughest with the withdrawals are, restless legs, nausea, no appetite at all, no craving for anything.  If I shove water or anything down my throat it comes up in about 5 min.  No sleep ETC.  

Wow, your Dr sounds similar to the one I had.  I followed the suboxone program (but also kept using pills, just less often) and never missed an appointment.  He had me on 8mg and I could get by on 4mg rather easily, so I saved them up.  I relapsed after I quit suboxone, it was just too strung out.  Barely a wink of sleep in 5 days, I was going nuts!  This was before I knew about loperamide and kratom.  But I've had better luck withdrawaling straight from the pills because it's a shorter duration.  Idk if you work, have kids, etc... but if you can set up to have a good week or 2 off, make your last day of work the day you take your last pills.  Some people (even I've tried a few times) have taken high doses of loperamide, the most I've taken is 40mg b/c it does plug me up, so I took it with a laxative, but it still makes my stomach bubble and feel uncomfortable for an hour or so.  I've read about people taking over 150mg of lope.  I wouldn't recommend that, those people are likely chasing a buzz that's not likely to happen.

As for Kratom, if you haven't heard of it, google it.  I got some today (day 4) and it helped more than the lope was helping.  It's a plant that acts on the same receptors as opiates, but you'll have to check your local laws.  I have 2 states within 30-40mins drive where kratom is legal.  My state is foolish.

For sleep, lope and kratom might help that too.  I didn't sleep a wink last night...I only took ZzzQuil.  It worked the first couple of nights to get me at least 4-5 hours of sleep, but last night was rough. 

If you're not in chronic pain, I'd say make out a plan to quit. Feel free to ask any specifics...and best of luck!  Keep posting.

I totally agree with withdrawling from pills instead of subs because it stays in your system less. I am self employed, landlord and I fix things all day long except for recently I've been messing around with doses and been staying at my apt to detox. No kids I'm glad cause they would drive me up the wall with the way I feel. I don't know what loperamide and kratom is but I will google it. How long will suboxone stay in my system and how many days worth of vicodins do I need for this? I just want to be done and I would rather deal with withdrawling from pills vs suboxone anyday of the week! I've got ambien for sleep but all I do is run around the apt so that's not helping. I just don't know what to do anymore and I'm scared to death that I will never be off this. I'm actually getting along with my ex so I don't want to do anything that would drastically run her off but I need to get better for myself first. I absolutely hate suboxone and if I knew how big of a trap it was earlier on I would have never allowed myself to get involved. Thank you crisp for posting!

I think suboxone is a good option for people that don't plan on ever quitting it.  I've never tried methadone, but from what I hear suboxone is a safer option.  I'd rather taper my pill/drug of choice to a reasonable jump point and then quit CT.  I get it though, you take suboxone so you don't have to hustle on the streets to get a fix.

Good, so no rigidly scheduled job, no kids, that will definitely help!  Loperamide is the ingredient in Immodium.  Before you conclude "I'm not taking some anti-sh**ting pills," google and read up on it.  It works on the same receptors in the gut as painkillers, doesn't really cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) so that's why we don't get high off it.  Many people have tried to take lope with various things to get more of it past the BBB, like tonic water and Tagamet.  I tried the Tagamet a couple of times to get more relief from withdrawals, but I didn't notice a difference.  I need about 120mg per dose of Oxy to get a quality buzz, and I use 30-40mg of lope once the diarrhea begins on about day 2 of withdrawals...just to give you an idea of dosing.

It doesn't matter how many vicodins you have, I just try not to make my last day of using a total binge.  I was always tapering down a lil in the few days before I'd run out.  I think despite how long you've been using and how much, the amount you use in the last few days before withdrawals can really impact how bad those withdrawals hit you.  

Stretch however many pills you have left for as long as you can stand it.  Personally, tapering to quit has never worked for me.  I make my pills stretch when I'm running low but I can't stretch them out to the point that I'm uncomfortable.  The suboxone will be in your system for around 72 hours give or take.  I'd wait for the diarrhea to hit, (it's always how I know withdrawals are officially beginning) then take some loperamide after you go a few times, because you do still need to get the toxins out.  Stay well hydrated!! !   

Ambien didn't help me when I came off suboxone.  I might've gotten an hour or two of sleep, but that week is just a blur of me taking various things to try and get to sleep...only to end up greeting my roommate every morning when he woke up at 6am b/c I'd had another night 0 sleep.  One prescription drug that helped me was Temazepam.  Knocked me out and worked on my buddy too.  I can't find them anymore and I've never been good about asking for specific pills from actual doctors, but I suppose that'd be worth a shot.  

Good luck with the Ex.  Kind of a tough time for this, I hope she's more of a source of support rather than a lightning rod for stress.

The ex is back, supportive and forgave me for my pushing her away attitude. Is it true that suboxone blocks your dopamine? Thank God life is so much easier now that she's back. I have an appointment at a new sub doctor which is strictly an appt to taper off. The other doctor I had can go to hell. I'm sick of this prision with pills and suboxone. I wish there was an easier way but a lot of this has to be willpower vs being a baby and crying at every little symptom. I hope that this new doctor has a heart and helps me get off this c**p. Ambien, OMG that's just a hell I don't want to go to. I read today a success story of a 23 yr old that tapered by going from

16-8 (1 mo on 8)
8-4 ( 1 mo on 4)
4-2 (1 mo on 2)
2-1 (2 wks)
1-0.5 (2 wks)
0.5-0.25 (1 week)
0.25-.125 (1 week)

then he jumped and had minimal w/d. Good for him I guess. Let's see what this new doc has to say. Otherwise it's back to the pills and just deal with the nasty old opiate w/d. What do you think?

Worth a shot man, best of luck!  Keep posting to let us know how it goes!

I also am coming off subutex. I done some research and found out about Kratom. I ordered a 1000grms off the internet for $275 and it really helps a lot. I have more Kratom then I need but I was scared in the beginning. Also been doing a lot of praying and that has helped also since I am a believer. Do some research on the Kratom. It can also be mildly habit forming but nothing compared to bup. I'm only on day 10 but I'm feeling stronger everyday.

Try some Kratom. You can get it pretty reasonably priced over the internet. It helps a lot. Do some research on it first and use it with respect. It's totally legal in all states but one. It has opiate like enzymes but is not a opiate.

I was on 120 mg of OxyContin for 5 years for pain. All prescribed by a reputable pain doctor. My wife thought I was going to OD on at least two occasions. I heard about suboxone and found a doctor and switched and have been on 8 mg for 4 years. I am upset because after six days on Suboxone I quit and was fine. I do not know why I went back on Suboxone. Now I have to wean and get clean for my own reasons. I am 68 years old and I will start tapering. 8 mg to 4 mg is easy. Going below 4 mg is a problem. Any suggestions are welcomed. Subs should not be used for more than six days. Too bad my doctor wasn't honest with me.

hi, don not listen to those horibale stories .i was on methadon for 8 years and subtext 4 years but i had tried to stop it more than 12 times but i could not because evry time withdraw came i gave in and go back to squre one but i did not give up and 4 months ago i leaft england and went to my mother land country in there i started taping off from 6 mg and every week 1 mg reduced untill i came to %4 mg then stoped after that all spmtoms of subext started from depreesion to legless not sleeping and no energy at all and the rest but i did not give in this time and now i am on 6 weeks without subtext ,ok i still have abit of depresion and lack of the energy, bytheway during my recovery my mum died and it was houribale time but still did not go back to that houribale tabletes, and i am 58 years old and have afew very bad illness.

i just want say yeas it is not easy but it is doable and we just want to do it no need  will power or eney thing  just if you want to some thing badly you can do it .trust the god and good luck to every one.