Hello! I have problems with migraines related to periods and I’m sure it has something to do with hormonal changes but I don’t know how to stop them. Sometimes I take aspirin or ibuprofen but it doesn’t help much. I practically suffer from migraines related to periods every month for at least five days continuously. And I’m pretty much tired of it and need to know what to do to stop having those migraines. Thanks.

You know how I stopped having these menstrual migraines? I simply stopped taking birth control pills. It worked out for me for I had mild menstrual migraines. And those headaches might be related to premenstrual period meaning they occur 7 days before your period and if such is the case than you have premenstrual migraines. If your migraines occur 2 days before your period and last for few days than you have menstrual migraines but anyway each one of them is caused by hormonal changes. The same thing worth for birth control pill for they consists fake estrogen but no matter fake or natural his change make you have migraines related to periods. On the other hand if you suffer from severe form of menstrual migraines than you should start with preventive therapy which is to be taken premenstrual so you can avoid getting your menstrual migraines. And there’s also a third option in case that the preventive therapy is not effective and that’s a hormonal therapy. And about hormonal therapy you better discuss it with your doc.