My 31 years old sister has migraines and back problem. I’d like to help her somehow but don’t know how. While having these migraines she also has back pain at the same time. And the condition is worse during her period. So I wonder could migraine be related to back problems and what causes this. She started having these headaches about couple of months ago but now they seem to be more frequent.

Migraines could be triggered by many factors like depression, anxiety, stress escaping meals, lack of a sleep and for many other causes. I suffer from menstrual migraines and they are usually followed by back problems that affect me much for very often I’m stocked to bed and am not able even to think right. I’m pretty sure that in some cases migraines could be back pain related for many reasons- hormonal changes may trigger your migraines but some women during periods often feel back pains, or maybe there’s some nerve that is pressed or squeezed and may cause her to have this migraines and back problems. I would advise her to talk to a doc for there’re now many medical solutions for this conditions, and also there’re many physical therapies that could help her reducing her back pain.