Okay well i posted my recent story about last month, i got my period on July 11th six days before it came in June (17th) and this month it came on the first ( August 1st) , i took two tests which said they were false; i feel absolutely normal until something triggered making me think about it again, but do you think im fine? & Why do my periods change the dates basically every month. Thank you. xx

WHAT CAUSES PERIODS TO CHANGE OR STOP?Menstrual period changes are usually a symptom of some underlying physical or hormonal imbalance. Changes in the amount or timing of hormones released by the thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands, or hypothalmus may cause the ovary to delay or skip ovulation. Without ovulation a period will not occur. However the same changes in hormones may trigger bleeding at abnormal times (in the middle of a cycle or several weeks late) or in abnormal amounts (very light or very heavy).  One of the most common causes of anovulation (failure to ovulate) is body weight. Low body weight may cause a prolonged absence of periods. Excessive body weight tends to cause abnormal bleeding. Sudden changes in exercise levels or in body weight may cause temporary changes in bleeding patterns.

Emotional stress and physical illness are also common causes of menstrual irregularities although the menstrual changes may not occur at the time of the perceived stress. Prescribed medications and herbal preparations may also effect menstrual patterns by changing the interaction and transmission of the body’s natural hormones. Occasionally the thyroid, pituitary or adrenal gland may malfunction and produce too little or too much hormone. Abnormal bleeding can also be caused by physical changes in the uterus or ovaries, such as abnormal development of tissue in the uterine lining or muscle, or ovarian cysts. Pregnancy or infection may also cause spotting or bleeding to occur.

HOW ARE IRREGULAR PERIODS EVALUATED?The initial evaluation will include a review of your personal medical and family history and a detailed review of your menstrual and sexual history. Report any other physical symptoms (sudden changes in weight or body hair, nipple discharge, fatigue, mood changes, etc.) that you may be experiencing to your health care provider. The physical exam will usually include measurement of your blood pressure and body weight. The health care provider may also palpate (feel) the thyroid gland in your neck, examine your heart and lungs, perform a breast exam, palpate the abdomen and do a vaginal and internal pelvic exam. Depending on the medical history and findings of the physical exam several blood tests may be ordered. An ultrasound study of your uterus and ovaries may also be ordered. An ultrasound study provides pictures of the internal organs by recording the patterns of sound waves as they reflect off the uterus and ovaries. It is not painful test.

HOW ARE IRREGULAR PERIODS TREATED?

Immediate treatment will usually involve the use of the hormones, estrogen and progesterone. A short course of progesterone is often prescribed if there has been a prolonged absence of periods. When the prescription is completed, a period will usually occur within two – three weeks. If there has been very irregular spotting or excessive bleeding birth control pills containing both hormones may be prescribed. This will usually stop the bleeding within a few days. Your health care provider may recommend that birth control pills be continued for a few months.

Additional treatment will be directed toward a specific diagnosis if the physical exam and test results identify a cause. This may mean addressing weight issues, changing exercise patterns and eating habits, or taking medication to control abnormal thyroid, pituitary or adrenal function. Sometimes, no specific cause can be identified. As long as a thorough evaluation has ruled out serious illness, not finding a specific cause can be reassuring. Treatment can then be directed at controlling the symptoms.

WILL MY IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES EFFECT MY FERTILITY?

Without ovulation, a woman cannot become pregnant. Sometimes factors effecting the menses disappear later in life. For example, if body weight is related to the irregular periods, and weight returns to a normal range, the menses may spontaneously become more regular and fertility will be normal. If menses are persistently irregular, fertility medications may be used to regulate the menstrual cycle and achieve conception.

Hope this helps.

i got my period on 12th July 08 days before it came last month on 20th june and this month it came 08 days before i have also make my all test but they are normal. but do you think i'm normal and fine?
Why do my periods change the dates basically every month. Thank you. xx

plz reply.....

JUST MARRIED 5 MONTHS N MY PERIOD DATE EVERY TIME CHANGE WHAT THE RESON N IM MAXIMUM TRY FOR BABY

Most likely because your body can't read a calendar so it does what it wants, when it wants.

My period changes every the last four mouth is my period is changing dates last mouth was 23 now is 15 and I want to get pregnant pls help reply on my email ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting private e-mails is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I don't know what's wrong with me I sleep well but I always have mood swings get hotflashes but mostly only before I start my period like sometimes a weak earlier or a few days earlier.normaly my periods was at the end of the month but this year its either the 14 or 21 or the 8 or the 5 like this month I'm 33 years old and struggling for more than a year now to fall pregnant please. help

My period changes every month and I'm starting to get worried

Majority of women encounter that.Then some of z stupid men saying u involve with other sex partners kmft

December my period came 17th but today is 18th January my menses hasn't come when shld I expect

So can i get pregnat please help am inneed ot a child

My period comes 2 times a month,and in different date, what do you think is the problem why is it like this,before when I take birth control pills it's normal but when I stop it becomes irregular and every month changes the date and 2 times a month when it comes

My period change every month date is there a problem

My period change every month is there a problem