Hi, I suffer from migraines for some time, and it is literally ruing my life. When I have a headache, I can’t see anything that is in front of me. If there’s anyone with the same problem, I could really use an advice. How do you treat your migraines?

Hello, I suffer from migraines since I was 36. I also have a condition called migraine aura, which appers about 15 minutes before the headache. I see flashes of white light, tunnel visions and sometimes even cloudy visions. It is really disturbing and irritating. My migraine headache is throbbing and strong, and it usually lasts between 10 and 15 hours. When I’m lucky, it appears only once a month, but sometimes it can go up to 5 times. When it’s gone, I am so wasted I can’t functionate. I also become irritable, I have mood changes and lack of concetration. If I understud my doctor correctly, the cause for the migraines are blood flow changes in the brain, that appear because the nervous system reacts to a stress by causing a spasm of the arteries. Triggers for this condition may be infectious, hormonal or chemical, which depends on the patients.