I have heard that many people have problem with migraines. I have luck that I have never experienced this, but still I would like to hear something about it. Can you tell me more about migraines, why does it occur? Which is structural problem with those people who suffer of migraines? What is the treatment, is it the same for everyone?

The vascular system and its influence under stimuli of the autonomic or neurovegetative nervous system play an extremely important role in migraines. Beside this, it is the origin of severe headache or migraine. Every modification in capillary diameter produces nourishment disorders at cell level modifying its functions, as beginning of these problems. Changes in capillary diameter could be the result of vessels dilation phenomena. That is something that takes place in hypotensions, or of vessels spasms as it should be the case of blood hypertension. Half of patients with this problem consult on severe headaches, migraine or cephaleas, associate or not to other neurootological symptoms. On those patients showing migraine or severe headaches, the study on cerebral haemodynamics is strictly applied by means of USD-Transcranial. Migraine treatment should be symptomatological, when is directed to counteract sharp pain symptoms. Furthermore, it should be etiopathogenetic, or directed to the type of vascular or neuronal affection. Third situation is prophylactic treatment, which also makes it possible to establish a preventive therapy. It should be done in order to prevent future irreversible cerebral damages, as it happens in cerebrovascular diseases.