Hi My name is Heather I'm 26. few years back when i found out i had epilepsy i noticed my periods were very differnt. When i was 23 i stopped having a period for about 6 months , then i started having them again. and now its going on a year and i have had my period sometimes it will go away for a few days then come back.. what im really worried about it sometimes i clot. Could that be cuz of the months where i didnt have a period? Please help with some advise i would really appericate it!!

Hi! Have you talked to your gynecologist about this? I don't know if epilepsy and delayed period are related, I only read that half the women of childbearing age who have epilepsy report an increase in seizures around the time of their monthly menstrual period. Seizures occurring predominantly around the time of menstruation are referred to as catamenial epilepsy. Maybe taking hormonal agents such as progesterone or birth control pills could help you. Take care.