I missed taking my birth control pillls for 3 days in a row than the next day i took it and than had unprotected sex and he came inside of me and i took my pill the next day..now i have none left im waiting for my period which isnt suppose to come till thurs. Should i be worried?

When you get birth control it comes with a pamphlet saying what you should do when missed pills. Since you missed three active pills it says to call your physician who prescribed your birth control or the pharmacist. I know if you missed two active pills take one immediately when you realize you missed them then take it at the normal time, then the next day take it the second missed pill around the same time you realized you missed it and then take the normal active pill at the time you usually take it. When missing the active pills you are more prone to become pregnant, because the pills are supposed prevent ovulation from happening. If you do end up missing your period you should either go to your doctor for a pregnancy test or a get an in home pregnancy test.

you should be slightly worried though you should be protected presuming you took all the pills up until then fairly accurately. the instructions with most pills say to use another method of contraception (preferably condoms) for a week after missing any pills, of course this is in addition to continuing to take the pills as usual.

I totally agree with what oz posted even though I know you posted this thread awhile back just because birth control does help prevent you from getting pregnant but it does not protect you from HIV or STDs and if you are going to be sexually active then it's generally a good idea to keep from getting an STD as well! Hopefully you are doing well and if you're active I hope that we see you around and you can give us an update on how you're doing. Thanks!

Hi all,

I am on Loestrin24FE and have been for a few years now. I have never had any problems. However, this past week, I had 2 packs of birth control in my purse somehow. I was supposed to be starting the 3rd row on my pack but had a major blonde moment and instead of starting my third row, opened a new pack and started at the beginning. It took me a week and 2 days to realize what I was doing. The day I realized it after taking my pill, would be technically my last active pill day. I have 4 iron pills after that. I just assumed the pills in the third row and first row worked the same. Well, I was supposed to get my period last night ( I am always right on schedule). It didn't come and has yet to come today. Will my period be postponed because I took the first row of pills and not the third row? Should I be worried about pregnancy?

Thanks for everything!

Yes you should be a little bit concerned but the best thing to do now is to get checked to be completely sure that you are not pregnant. Good luck.

Your body doesn't know what row of pills your on, and it doesn't know what day of the week it is. You could take Monday's pill on Wednesday and Wednesdays pill on Saturday, it doesn't matter what day of the week your taking them as long as your taking them, period. If you didn't miss a pill in between the confusion, your probably okay.
It's not time to panic just because your period is a day later than expected. You have been on the pill for a few years and our bodies do shift gears on occassion. What used to be predicatable all of a sudden becomes unpredictable.

On the flip side of all this, stop and think for a minute. If you don't get your period at all this month, take an HPT. If it reads negative and you still have no period, you may want to talk to your doctor. If by chance you are pregnant (which i doubt) you won't want to start your pills up again. He will tell you what to do from that point.

Thanks for the advice. I am positive that I didn't miss any pills. Hopefully my body is just throwing me a change-up.