I'm taking Alesse 28 and I have been on Alesse for about a year now, never having breakthrough bleeding during the first few months. I missed one pill a few days ago and ended up taking it AFTER my pill the next day (not wanting to take 2 pills at the exact same time) and now I'm bleeding pretty heavily with only 4 active pills left before my regular period is suppose to start. I'm wondering is this just my body trying to get back on track. I also missed a couple of pills last month but not in a row and still took them the same day a couple hours later and ended up with an early period. I don't think I'm pregnant because my boyfriend and I always use a condom except it slipped off during removal (no cum pretty sure). Is this breakthrough bleeding from the messed up pills or could this be pregnancy? 

your body is simply thrown off. your body id used to the birth control everyday. once you miss a pill you body is wondering where its medication is. in a sense sending your body into a type of shock. it doesnt know what to do. so it does all it can do an releases your egg early into your Fallopian tubes to break down causing you to begin your period early. nothing to fret about. get back on track with your medication and all should go back to normal.