Hi all

I had cryotherapy (where the cells on the cervix get frozen) done 11 days ago as I have been having on and off discharge for the past year. I told the Dcotor at the time that I was already 5 days late for my period. (Because of the discharge I have been advised to come of my pill so I am not using any form of contraception with my partner at the moment).

I had an internal scan before the cryo to check there was no tissue left in me from when I misscarried 2 years ago. The Doctor was looking funny and asking me when my last period was and an I using any protection at all. Which got me worried that he had seen something and then carried on.

I am now 21 days late. I have taken 2 tests in the last week but both are negative. I dont really feel pregnant except for yesterday I had awful heartburn which actually made me sick.

Any advice guys or anyone had the same sort of problem?

Thanks Amy x

Has anyone had cryo and successfully been pregnant straight afterwords?

Hi Amy, I don't think that if your doctor had mentioned anything to you then it is anything worth worrying about. I mean, I think that he may have looked a little strange but I don't think you should get overly concerned. Especially because of the cryo, it's possible that you've missed a period based on stress. In any case, you can do another pregnancy test in a week to make sure. Keep us posted, okay?

Hi Bluedog

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to the Doctor who has booked me in for an emergency appointment with him on Friday. Hopefully we can see what is going on then.

Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks x

UPDATE

still 25 days late - Doctor only took urine test and that was negative so he gave me some tablets to bring on my period although i still have m doubts (raising new topic)

Well that's good to hear that he at least has been able to test you as negative. Like I said before, I think that it's possible that you are just missing a period based on the cryo and it's also perhaps stress at this point. I hope that whatever happens that you just realize that you need to be calm about it. Since you're negative, perhaps the tablets will help bring a period on and you will start menstruating as normal soon enough. Keep us posted like you have been :)

Thanks for your messages bluedog. I did raise a new topic the other day as I was having some brown discharge and felt abit funny so I was reluctant to take the tablets although the doctor said I wasnt pregnant. However I managed to get a doctors appointment this week with a different doctor who took a test which was POSITIVE! He has booked me in for a scan and blood test on Wednesday.

Good thing I didnt take them tablets! x just hope all goes well from now on despite the brown discharge which my doctor said was nothing to worry about.

My goodness! Yes, I'm really glad you didn't take the tabs anyway. I'm sorry that your doctor didn't really pay that much attention to you and give you good service so I'm glad you got it from somewhere. Thanks for keeping me updated and I"ll look for your new thread.

I do know that you should not have intercourse, use tampons, or douche (basically do not insert anything into the vagina) for at least 4 weeks after the cryotherapy procedure. Discharge is expected to last anywhere from 10 days to 6 weeks as well. If you are concerned about being pregnant, you should see your doctor and get blood drawn to determine pregnancy. Good luck!

Did everything go well with your pregnancy? I'm asking because i'm in a similar situation.