i've been reading these posts and i'm still confused as ever. Here is my story.

i'm 28 y/o I used to have very irregular, and heavy periods. A couple years ago I finally went on BC pills to help. Which it did but months later had to discontinue because i had a blood clot. So doctor put me on provera and BC that would help control it which it did but still irregular. in Aug 2006 i convinced my Dr to put me back on the BC pills that I was on. I was regular once again. However I stopped taking the pills about 7 months ago and I continued to be regular everything was perfect. No heavy periods always came at 30 days.

Now to the issue at hand. in Dec my period was due on the 19th when was late i took 2 pregnancy test both came back negative. My period finally came on the 27th . 2 weeks after that I started having some brown spotting it didnt look like blood but it just wasn't natural I took 2 more test and they came back negative. I was convinced I was seeing things, but I started cramping for a week and on the day my period was due I was cramping so bad i figured my period was coming but nothing. so now its 2/6 I still havent had my period I've taken 2 more test after the 4 and 5th day late and on the 7th had a blood test done all negative.

Now i'm super confused. I can't say that I'm hoping and praying that I'm pregnant but would be a welcomed suprise. I have systems like crazy, nausea, my nipples very swollen and sore, bloating, very emotional I cry at the drop of a hat.

Does anyone have any answers? is this what PCOS is? Could I really be pregnant? I just need some answers i'm tired of thinking about it. Dr isnt very helpful negative test are negative test and send you on your way

Well you have a history of abnormal periods. So you really can not use your cycle as a reliable estimate for pregnancy.

You should take a pregnancy test at least two weeks after the last time you had sex.

Brown discharge often is just dried "old" blood in the vaginal vault that for whatever reason has mixed with body fluids and gets that brown color.

If you are concerned about an abortion there is usually a lot of bleeding and abdominal pain prior to aborting the "products of conception"

Your doctor may not be receptive to "female problems" as much as an OB/GYN would. You can request a referral to one and they will be able to answer all of your questions.

I was in no way concerned about an abortion.

However here it is I still no period 12 days late. I dont know whats going on I get light headed, dizzy and nauseas. Now i'm experiencing very itchy nipples, I have some discharge as well. If it smell that would be a sign infection right? but it doesnt I only notice it when i wipe. My body is going through some crazy things. I've never not had my period. Like i said it used to be irregular but at least i'd get it once a month. I dont even know what to think anymore. Could this be a hormonal imbalance. Its going to take over a month to get into the OB/GYN

I've had cramping, nausea, light headed, dizzyness, itchy and sore boobs, headaches and backpain all the signs i've come across for early pregnancy but no positive tetsts. are the symptoms for something else does anyone have a clue?

The symptoms you have could easily be a virus, anxiety or signs of your period coming soon.

When I said abortion perhaps you were confused. I did not mean a voluntary abortion. It is very common for women to have natural abortions in the first few weeks of pregnancy. In fact most women would not know they were having an abortion if they didn't take pregnancy tests.

If your test is negative 2 weeks after the last time you had sex you can safely assume that you are not pregnant.

Sore nipples in women do occur, as you would expect, with menstrual symptoms. But they can also occur with colds or virus' in general.

If you can't get an appointment with your OB you can try your Family Doctor or if you feel you have to, your local Emergency Room.

17 days late and still not sure whats going on. I found out I have a UTI which is interesting so I started antibiotics for that last night. Which left me very very nausea. How ever today I went to the bathroom and wiped and saw a bit of pink/red. Can the medication cause this? or my period to finally start? I finally got an appointment with an OB/GYN this friday its still a wait and see whats going on

If they did the Urine Micro test to determine you have a UTI, did they run a Urine Pregnancy Test? (Qualitative or Quantitative HCG)??.

It's possible your period is starting.

Hi everyone, okay heres my dilemma, I am unlike regular women I ovulate during my period. 2.5 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, during my period and I was ovulating. I had cramping the next day, discharge, nausea, frequent urination and fatigue. I went to the doctor to do a hcg sensitivity test. Which came back negative, but now I have breast tenderness. Could they be wrong? Is it possible I have just tested too early?

Okay, here I go again. I finally had my period it lasted a couple days then spotted a\for 3 days. Which was a relief but now i'm back in the same both very light headed and though the other night i was gonna just faint just by raising my arms over my head.. what the heck is wrong with me. I don't think i'm bloated but my belly seems much bigger... this stuff is getting on my nerve.. Now I have to hear my boyfriends mouth about why I didnt have a period in January and touching my belly saying I think it has curves this is BS I dont know what do. And if he makes one more comment i'm gonna slap him

justiceofvan,

if you did become pregnant after having unprotected sex, you could not take an accurate pregnancy test for two weeks. and women do not normally even get pregnant for days after intercourse. if you have nausea, and breast tenderness, and all that about two weeks after sex, then if would be possible to be pregnant. if it has been two weeks, or more, a pregnancy test will be more accurate now.

He is obviously nervous about a possible pregnancy. If your pregnancy test was negative and you did have a period it would be highly unlikely you are pregnant unless of course you had unprotected sex during or after your last pregnancy test.

Did your doctor say anything about you being Anemic after your last blood test?

Other than to suggest a follow-up consultation I'm really at a lost for suggestions at this point. Lab tests will have to be done to determine while you are continually having these symptoms.

I am so confused I don't know which way to turn.

I went to the doctor last week as I was 6 days late with most of the side effects, throwing up, tender and swollen nipples, strong sense of smell, mood swings, crying for the smallest thing and nausea. She did the urine test and showed a slight second line, so she sent me for blood tests, well that came back negative.

Now 10 days later i'm still experiencing all the symptoms and still no period. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I've been off the pill now for four months could i be pregnant or is this my hormones trying to come right!

ok so i had been on the bc sesonquie i was told if i didnt want to i didnt have to have a period so i didnt for like a year.. got off sesonquie caz we wanna have a second baby and the sesonquie was soo in my system that i stopped getting a period.. for months i have been on provera(female hormone) to get a period.. last month i got the pill assisted period on the 9th but then on the 20th i got a real unassisted period: pain, heavy bleeding etc. now i've missed my period and i feel some pregnancy symtoms like breast tenderness, nausea and bloat in my belly as well as increased hunger. i took an at home test and it said no. i have no idea what's going on and i really need help please help me :'( !