My last period was 12/13/10 - so my ovulation time was the 24-27th and we had unprotected sex during this time. I have had pregnancy symptoms (similar to how I felt when I had my daughter,who is 3yrs old) clear/milky discharge, exhausted, nipples very tender and slight nipple discharge, and somewhat crampy. This has gone on for close to 2 weeks. The past few days the cramping has been a bit stronger, low back has been a bit more sore almost like I am going to start my period, but have not. I took a pregnancy test this afternoon, however I took it not really thinking and I had urinated about an hour before I took the test, and drank water in between is it true this will effect the amount of hcg in your urine and cause a false negative? (The test came back negative) Can I have a negative test at this point and still be pregnant. I just have such a strong feeling that I am, and have many of the same symptoms I had with my 1st pregnancy, but I have that (damn) negative test! Of course I am going to wait again and take another soon, but I am so anxious to know! I wish I could have a blood test done to know, but being that I moved and now am starting as a new patient the new OB that I will be seeing can't see me for another 2 weeks! Ahhh! Any input would be great! THANKS!

Hello budsy37, I'm having similar symptoms for two weeks now (3/6-3/18). I took a blood test test on 3/6 and the result came back the week after 3/14 when I got a sonogram. The result was negative from the blood test; the sonogram did not detect any embryo and cannot detect implantations. However, my lining is thicker than usual. I took 3 hpt all negatives. I spotted (mild brownish) for 3 days (3/6-3/8). Very light. I'm still feeling cramps, sore nipple/breast, burning sensation in my lower abdominal, back aches and thirsty. I urine more frequently. I think I may tested too early so I'm going to test on 3/28. Also, I took,an ovulation test on 3/14 using clearblue (due to being so frustrated) and it appeared a happy face (of course I have intercourse). So, I'm extremely confused on whether it was my ovulation symptoms or early stage pregnancy. Once I get test again, I will keep you posted!! But what were your results?? Thanks

Hi Hpham ,

Hey I have been TTC I started my periods in march 21st for normal 6-7days I have never had any ups and down with my periods before this is the first ever time this has happened to me when I finished my periods 11days after... I had light bleeding for 2days and 1day spotting which was not normal for me, could I be pregnant!?? I would love to be.... so I booked a appointment with my GP and when I told my doctor about my symptoms she said I sound like am pregnant... so gave in urine sample but came back negative ... and I am due to start my periods today but I feel like I am pregnant with all the symptoms .... So I booked another appointment with my doctor and she is going to send me for ultra sound....I don’t know what to think am going mad lol any advice?? How did u get on with your test?? 

Unfortunately, I got my period on 3/29 but it only lasted for 3 days. It is April 25 today and I am experiencing some cramps and back pains. These cramps are like my usual period cramps because it's more like a tight feeling and when I move it has a little pain (crampy pains). I should get my period in a couple of days, so I don't plan to test until May 4th!! Fingers crossed!