Ok so i'm really new to the whole pregnancy thing and i'm not sure what to expect.

Here is my dilemma,
I am a week late for my last period, and earlier this evening around noon I started cramping really bad. I took some pain medication to ease the cramps now i checked to see if my period had started (hoping it hadn't) and there was a little blood but it was dark red to brownish in color.

The bleeding was very light and stopped roughly 2 hours later. It started up again around 10:30pm I had mild cramps and the bleeding was defiantly pink and brown and just as light as before.

I am trying to get pregnant and I have not tested yet.
Anyone who is having or has had similar problems please help me out.

I would love it if this were normal and I still may be prego.

Anything will help.

~Rose

Rose,

I am in the exact same dilemma! I was expecting my period last week, and as of today, still nothing. Just yesterday I experienced the same spotting as you did with a little cramping. Very light, definitely not my period. In the morning it was a light pink color, then later in the day more of a brown. It was on and off throughout the day, and today it is the same way.

I have taken two home pregnancy tests, so far both negative.

I have been off birth control since Jan 09, and have been getting regular periods since then. The cycles have been 33, 31, and 30 days. Last week I was expecting my period anywhere from June 2-5th since I have had that variation in days, but it has not come (today is the 10th). My husband and I did have sex during my ovulation period, and the following week I did have some slight cramping for 2 days (I have read that could be implantation cramping?). That same week I had very tender breasts and a small bout of nausea.

Since last week (week of expected period) I have been tired, extra moody, had headaches, lower back ache, and have just felt "off". Last week I also had a thicker, whitish discharge.

I am finding this to be so frustrating. I am thinking about making a doctors appointment for a blood test next week, but to be honest I'm afraid it'll be negative %-) And as far as I have read, based off my last period if I am pregnant I would now be in week 5. I should be able to get a positive home preg test by now, but I guess that is variable too. My husband and I are becoming so anxious and we just want to know what is going on!

I would say try the home preg test, you may have enough of the hormone at this time for a positive result. But if it's negative, give it a few days or consider going to the dr. for a blood test.

It is so interesting that we are in the same position, let me know what happens with you! :O

I'd be glad to keep you updated on my situation.

I'm thrilled i'm not alone right now, I've been doing alot of reading on the web about early pregnancy and discovered a few things about our cramps.
What they could be coming from is the uterus stretching itself. Alot of the sites i've been to say that cramping in very early pregnancy is very normal because of this.

I'm so afraid to test though! You see my partner and I want to be together when I test and I have this great fear that it will come out negative. How many times I wonder do you have to test in order to get a positive? We're going to buy the First Response brand. It seems very trusted, my partner is very sensative I would hate for it to be a false negative and simply tear his world apart. :-(

Well, I tested again this morning and it is still negative. I used First Response. Although I still haven't had an actual period. Just very light brown spotting and light cramping, which I read could be normal for pregnancy. So, at this point I am just thouroughly confused and have made a dr's appointment for next Friday the 19th for a blood test.

It's really up to you when you want to take the home preg test, but I would say why wait? If you are pregnant you'd need to get to your dr and start on some vitamins so it is good to know. I have read a lot about the hormone that is detected with the preg tests. Different brands have various levels of sensitivity to pick up the hormone in your urine. More generic brands like Walgreens have a sensitivity of 50 or so, First Response is 25 which is good. Although you can be pregnant and just not have enough of the hormone in your system yet, so the best thing to do is get a blood test at the dr., I have read that the sensitivity of a blood test is 5. I have come across posts from women who do not get a positive home preg test for weeks and weeks, so even if you test at home and it is negative, don't be upset. You may just need more time. Or who knows maybe it's just not meant to be for either of us this month. I would just like to know what is going on! Have you had any new symptoms or changes in symptoms over the past few days?

No, nothing new yet the most i've really noticed is the bleeding stopped. The last I saw of it was yesterday around 8pm. I'm still really confused but there is no way in the world that was my period much too light and far too short. I have been acting more moody that i've noticed, and I suppose I've had to go to the bathroom more and i've been taking alot of naps.

Well, I suppose there were a few more things huh. :-D

Let me know how your blood test goes, I need to set up an appointment with my doctor soon I'm sure. I've read that alot of women test over and over with the home pregnancy tests and get negatives alot and still end up prego. I just worry about it i guess especially for my partner. He won't say it outloud but I almost think he wants this baby more than I do.

I'm curious did anything happen with you test?

I'm taking mine this monday with my partner, I'm really hoping for a positive of course we are only doing a HPT so I don't i really hope it's a positive ^_^ I"m so excited

i have the same problem.. My periods are always right on dot. I was expecting it on 11th and its already 19th of july.. I took a home test and it turned out to be negative.. I have booked an appointment with the doctor next wednesday.. I dont know what to think.. Dont want to get too hopeful!! %-)

Well, it was a false alarm! I actually ended up getting my period and it was regular, about 4-5 days. Oh well! Wasn't meant to be a February baby I suppose. My cycle is now off and unpredictable, but I figure that I will be ovulating within the next week...so who knows maybe a March baby lol.

Any news so far from your test Rose?

So I don't know what happened with your test Rose? I hope everything went okay.

I have some news...I'm pregnant for real this time! XD I was late (again) for my period, so I tested at home and got negative haha. But I still hadn't gotten my period so I went to my doctor a few days later and got a blood test done. It was positive! Then I tested again this morning at home and it's positive now. Guess the hormone levels were too low before. So I just wanted to let you know. It didn't work out last month, but here we are! I'm due in March!

I hope all is well with you.

I am 16 ,still a virgin never had sex anykind of sex(yes we do talk about in bio class or the place I volunteer) the problem here is I missed my period this month (without having sex ,well without having a boyfriend) , I have always got my periods irregularly and never paid much atteention to could I be pregnant without having any kind of sex I just got off coffee could caffeine defeciency be a reason I m always under stress but this doesn't seems a big trouble as it is a everyday thing. I m freaked out could I be pregnant!!!!!!!

If you have irregular periods especially you can skip a period. You can be late up to three months without being pregnant without any issue, in fact. Did you know that? HOw are you doing? Have you considered birth control to make your period regular?